Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Assembly instructions?

Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Website
www.casafilms.co.uk
OK, so I have now got the 2 large boxes.

Now even Ikea furniture comes with assembly instructions.

But not my Red.

I have bags of allen keys, bolts of differing shapes and sizes, washers, round plates, etc

And I have NO idea how it should all go together.

Should there be assembly instructions included? Or are we all supposed to guess what goes where?

Or am I being stupid tonight?
 
no assembly instructions included, but it shouldn´t be too hard to figure it out.
You can look at the photos on red.com they might give you some clues if you´re really stuck.
 
You are probably right, it´s not too hard though - if you are good at mounting IKEA and take your time, you will get there,

look at this photo:

http://www.redone4rent.com/images/redone.jpg

Also go to the red.com store and have a look at the images there, good luck!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #4
Thanks, I have managed to put most of it together.

But I have 4 large bolts left over. Two of them are round-headed and the other two have a flat-head but a V profile. Can't see where they should have gone.

I also can't find anywhere suitable to fix the LCD monitor arm.

Also, what are the very large and very small Allen keys for?
 
Round-headed bolts mate UNIVERSAL MOUNT to QUICKPLATE or RED CRADLE.

Flat-head mate BOTTOM PLATE to CHEESE PLATE.

RED ARM can mount on TOP HANDLE, TOP MOUNT, UNIVERSAL MOUNT, SIDE HANDLE....

Smallest hex key is for joystick knob, biggest for CRADLE/QUICKPLATE hinge bolts.

BC


Thanks, I have managed to put most of it together.

But I have 4 large bolts left over. Two of them are round-headed and the other two have a flat-head but a V profile. Can't see where they should have gone.

I also can't find anywhere suitable to fix the LCD monitor arm.

Also, what are the very large and very small Allen keys for?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Banned
  • #8
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the picture. Looks very similar to what I am trying to do.

But I can't quite make out from the picture where you have attached the LCD to.

Do you have a photo from a different angle please?

Thanks,
Antony

Ive just got mine today and have put it all together give me a shout if you need any help im near London.

Andrew
 
Sure. Ive attached it to the top mount but i didnt order the side handles that would be better, or on the universal mount . . . . . it needs to be slightly further forward. Its too close to your face when its on your shoulder.

Hope that helps.

Andrew.
 
The top of the top mount has a thread hole, just next to where the top handle attaches to the top mount. That's where we've attached our LCD. You can just make it out in Andrew's pic.
 
Yeah sorry, i had dismantled my kit to drill out the stripped torx screw i had yesterday on the PL mount change so i didn't have any other clearer pics than the 2 i posted - im taking more later will post those.

Anything else let me know.

Andrew.
 
Congrats on your new red. Now you'll realize how many extra third party bits you'll need. You'll soon be sick of twisting in the LCD noga when in a hurry and you'll want the monstercine hydra clamp that will let you put it anywhere you need it). Not to mention all the great stuff from element technica, sim video, action products.... The spending never ends....

Cheers
Jeff brown
Red 708
 
The spending never ends....

Cheers
Jeff brown
Red 708

You can say that again!
(I have spent about 3 times what I originally planned, and there seems to be no end in sight...)
 
Andrew,

Don't worry about further photos. Those 2 were just what I needed to see. Many thanks.

You are correct that the LCD is just too close for shoulder mounted use. I think I will need to buy another universal mount. The one I have is used to fix the RedDrive/Battery mount.

BTW, been looking at your website. You have some interesting projects on there. Would love to work with you, will send you an email soon.

Regards,
Antony
 
BTW, been looking at your website. You have some interesting projects on there. Would love to work with you, will send you an email soon.

Regards,
Antony

Thank you, please do. Ive been slowly working away at it for a while now and its now live. I have 2 universal mounts, one had the Red handles on and the other the battery/cradle sections i really need a third one to be able to do everything, lol.

Ive been writing like mad for the past few months till my Red was here, Scarlet Bitch is being filmed next month hopefully with Caravanning in December. Then there's the Canon project which I cant say much about . . . . but hopefully that's coming real soon.

I've PM'd you my private email, my company one is a little slow getting my mail of late.

Speak soon then.

Andrew.
 
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18466
This thread shows a great and inexpensive time saver for LCD placement...

The more you experiment, the more everything makes sense with the different possibilities for configurations. As long as it works, there's very few rules as far that goes...

Congrats and happy shooting!
 
Back
Top