Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

Wiring money question

George A.

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
New York City, NY
Website
www.eastrentals.com
Hi!

I've e-mailed my rep (Travis) but still no answer...

I'm in the 1,500-1,750 batch. My order comprises the RED body plus several accessories. For several reasons (including the fact that I want the LCD Pro and the fact that I can afford to wait), I want to change the order and wire the money only for the RED body and the Flash Module. I want to get the body soon and replace its mount. Then I can wait 3-4 weeks for the rest of accessories (including the new LCD), no problem.

The question - when I wire the money to RED (and I want to do it today), do I give out the same reference number I got for the larger order? And, how fast will I get the body?

Thanks!
George
 
Give them your customer # (CU ########) as a reference or additional info on your wire transfer.

You should probably call your rep if you have not received a response to email. It would also be advisable to settle shipping charges and what you want shipped now vs. later. The new LC (I'm assuming you mean the 7") isn't going to ship for a while, sometime this summer I was told.
 
I asked Brent about the availability of the 7" and below in quotes was his response today...

"7" RED PRO LCD should not ship anytime before this summer (July or August at the earliest.)"

So 3-4 weeks really isn't realistic for the 7" more like atleast 2.5 months (maybe) and probably only for the very low number reservation holders to begin with.

Who knows what the output per month would be but more than likely I wouldn't seriously expect people in our group # to be able to get their hands on these for probably 4-6 months. (my guess)

I'm with you though... I would love to get the 7" instead, but can you really go that long without the 5.6 LCD or EVF...
 
Solved with wiring the money... Great support by phone!

About the LCD PRO... Bummer... Well, I would buy the 5.6 instead now IF later on we could run two LCDs at the same time. The Pro for the operator, the smaller one for the director. Any input from the RED about this possibility?

To be honest, who would want the 5.6 now when a better version has been already announced?! I imagine lots of people don't want to spend $1,700 now (a lot of money) only for a temporary, "inferior" solution. It doesn't seem right not to have the Pro LCD available in large numbers for everybody who wants it.
 
Back
Top