Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

  • Hey all, just changed over the backend after 15 years I figured time to give it a bit of an update, its probably gonna be a bit weird for most of you and i am sure there is a few bugs to work out but it should kinda work the same as before... hopefully :)

EPIC-X___STAGE 4____When?

Really, just info on stage4 would be good/useful at this point :wink5:

We all continue to speculate... but word from RED would be great.

I suspect that we'll get some info at some point in the next 17 days Andy... :wink5:

Our time will come. Getting the point that they are still dealing with Stage 2 and Stage 3 will open when all Stage 2 people have been notified. Stage 4 will only open when all of Stage 3 have been notified that their cameras are ready. Am hopping for a sprinkling of xmas fairy dust on the production lines as a wonderful xmas miracle...

Am thinking March is maybe more a realistic timescale. Scarlet might have put a few spanners in the works...

:((
 
I suspect that we'll get some info at some point in the next 17 days Andy... :wink5:

Our time will come. Getting the point that they are still dealing with Stage 2 and Stage 3 will open when all Stage 2 people have been notified. Stage 4 will only open when all of Stage 3 have been notified that their cameras are ready. Am hopping for a sprinkling of xmas fairy dust on the production lines as a wonderful xmas miracle...

Am thinking March is maybe more a realistic timescale. Scarlet might have put a few spanners in the works...

:((

Steve - just what I was thinking earlier... but it seems the Xmas Pixies have been hard at work... :wink5:


Well - I couldn't sleep -so just logged on... and reading now, Red moves on again!
 
Well I went to sleep right after my post last night - so didn't get the news till 5am this morning (UK Time) - ordered not long after that.

So order it - time ticking...
 
Well I went to sleep right after my post last night - so didn't get the news till 5am this morning (UK Time) - ordered not long after that.

So order it - time ticking...

Glad your order went in :)

I'm still 'convincing' my business partners. They like the Scarlet price more than the Epic specs (LOL!)... but, with 2 jobs confirmed for late Feb/early March, I think they're going to have to make a choice soon!

All we need is a magic looking glass into the future to see when Stage4 starts to ship - let's hope the Xmas Pixie dust continues it's magic and Stage4 ships (in quantity!) during January :)
 
I ordered one on my iPhone while driving the car. Pretty surreal experience to hit a "place order" button of $31.000 and keep thinking that I can't stop the car cause that could mean a 3-days delay of arrival since the redstore must be a pretty crowded place by now... :)
 
Glad your order went in :)

I'm still 'convincing' my business partners. They like the Scarlet price more than the Epic specs (LOL!)... but, with 2 jobs confirmed for late Feb/early March, I think they're going to have to make a choice soon!

All we need is a magic looking glass into the future to see when Stage4 starts to ship - let's hope the Xmas Pixie dust continues it's magic and Stage4 ships (in quantity!) during January :)

:))

The question should, does the Scarlet do what you need it to do on these 2 jobs? Do you need the high compression? Do you need the high frame rate? Do you need 5K? What is your deliverable?

I think if your looking at a Feb/Mar timeframe for your projects, then they do certainly need to make a decision soon. Despite getting my order in early, I have just paid for my kit in full so I have nothing holding things up when the time comes. If they do go with Scarlet and you need a second camera / EPIC on set, drop me a line.

With RED Europe closing for the holiday period till 3rd Jan, don't think there will be anymore fairy dust :((

One RED start notifying the Stage 3/3.5 people first (which is only right!) then we might see Stage 4 shipping in late January. Its only fair that Stage 3/3.5 get their notifications first, at least for those that can move and send in their RED ONE's immediately. Since they totally supported RED by being early adopters, its only fair.

I do think that the beginning of January will see Stage 3/3.5 start and late January for Stage 4 - just a guess and Ive been wrong before, but I think thats starting to look a little realistic. RED are getting better by the week in terms of shipping and availability.

Drop me a PM for a chat if you like.

:))
 
I ordered one on my iPhone while driving the car. Pretty surreal experience to hit a "place order" button of $31.000 and keep thinking that I can't stop the car cause that could mean a 3-days delay of arrival since the redstore must be a pretty crowded place by now... :)

Per!
Impressive story, but don't do that too often :))

Would be a memorable way to remember how you ordered.

:))
 
:))

The question should, does the Scarlet do what you need it to do on these 2 jobs? Do you need the high compression? Do you need the high frame rate? Do you need 5K? What is your deliverable?

I think if your looking at a Feb/Mar timeframe for your projects, then they do certainly need to make a decision soon. Despite getting my order in early, I have just paid for my kit in full so I have nothing holding things up when the time comes. If they do go with Scarlet and you need a second camera / EPIC on set, drop me a line.

With RED Europe closing for the holiday period till 3rd Jan, don't think there will be anymore fairy dust :((

One RED start notifying the Stage 3/3.5 people first (which is only right!) then we might see Stage 4 shipping in late January. Its only fair that Stage 3/3.5 get their notifications first, at least for those that can move and send in their RED ONE's immediately. Since they totally supported RED by being early adopters, its only fair.

I do think that the beginning of January will see Stage 3/3.5 start and late January for Stage 4 - just a guess and Ive been wrong before, but I think thats starting to look a little realistic. RED are getting better by the week in terms of shipping and availability.

Drop me a PM for a chat if you like.

:))

Hi Steve :)

I've talked with the clients and moved one shoot into March and the other to April. There'll be a lot of post work, so it means a crunch on this side to deliver the finals, but it's do-able. I've been in the game a looong time (started way back in the late 80's) and have done a lot of crazy stuff, so I know how to create wiggle room when needed :wink5:

In terms of requirements, overcrank and more overcank (LOL)... projects will be Ana as well, so my pref is for 5K. The internal discussions I've been having (epic vs Scarlet) were related to purchase vs rental and what made sense for the way the projects we're involved with are moving. I made some breakthroughs on this recently.

Let's hope Stage4 starts to ship in January - that would be a good way to celebrate the New Year!
 
Hi Steve :)

I've talked with the clients and moved one shoot into March and the other to April. There'll be a lot of post work, so it means a crunch on this side to deliver the finals, but it's do-able. I've been in the game a looong time (started way back in the late 80's) and have done a lot of crazy stuff, so I know how to create wiggle room when needed :wink5:

In terms of requirements, overcrank and more overcank (LOL)... projects will be Ana as well, so my pref is for 5K. The internal discussions I've been having (epic vs Scarlet) were related to purchase vs rental and what made sense for the way the projects we're involved with are moving. I made some breakthroughs on this recently.

Let's hope Stage4 starts to ship in January - that would be a good way to celebrate the New Year!

Hey Andy :))

Don't we all want overcrank and more over crank! :))

I think if your going to use the features and it comes to over half what you would pay to rent, then to buy would be the better option.

Great news that your making headway.

Still - offer stands, if you need to rent a EPIC :)) I'll gladly travel down from Glasgow.

:))
 
Hey Andy :))

Don't we all want overcrank and more over crank! :))

I think if your going to use the features and it comes to over half what you would pay to rent, then to buy would be the better option.

Great news that your making headway.

Still - offer stands, if you need to rent a EPIC :)) I'll gladly travel down from Glasgow.

:))

The world is just so much better in slooooooow motiooooon :wink5:

I don't know how 'Epic' the shoots will be (LOL) - but I'll keep the offer in mind, thanks!

Happy Holidays.
 
Back
Top