J. P. Sendall
Well-known member
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2008
- Messages
- 123
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Ok, sweating a bit here over choices. Considering the delay I decided on buying a 5D to use until Scarlet came out (got a budget of around 6K USD). Now of course the end of the year is the estimate on fixed Scarlet delivery to market. Well that's great news but I still want to shoot now. So my question is would you still buy or hold off?
My question is weighted by the fact that I'll be also purchasing a couple of Zeiss ZF's and perhaps a Duclos adapted Nikkor so those will stay in my bag whatever. I am thinking of using those lenses on the Scarlet FF and S35 down the line somewhat. Wise choice? All I need is to sell the 5D body BUT of course if things go well financially I may just keep it.
Other concerns for me are possible timelapse capabilities and the fact that in moving timelapse with the 5D I can look around a very large frame when in post. This is important as I plan some architectural shoots this year and into next.
Would you still pull the trigger now on the 5D with these thoughts in mind?
My question is weighted by the fact that I'll be also purchasing a couple of Zeiss ZF's and perhaps a Duclos adapted Nikkor so those will stay in my bag whatever. I am thinking of using those lenses on the Scarlet FF and S35 down the line somewhat. Wise choice? All I need is to sell the 5D body BUT of course if things go well financially I may just keep it.
Other concerns for me are possible timelapse capabilities and the fact that in moving timelapse with the 5D I can look around a very large frame when in post. This is important as I plan some architectural shoots this year and into next.
Would you still pull the trigger now on the 5D with these thoughts in mind?