Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 477 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477
Results 4,761 to 4,766 of 4766
    Quote Originally Posted by William Long View Post
    Yes, the 50mm f1.4 MM I have is really good. Most of that series is brilliant, use them all the time.
    Thanks

Ad post number 4754,,

Sir,

I do not use my metabones speedbooster adapters for movies, but am vary satisfied with resolution and contrast for landscape photography using my C\Y and Alpa mount optics. The mounts are quite stiff (= exact dimensions) but will loosen up a bit with frequent use.

Regardless of dubious net opinions like mine, given the constructor, mr Caldwells, reputation as optics designer as well as the exact and positive MTF measurements published by the lens-rengtals site, I would not hesistate to use the originals in prefefrence to copies-

p.

Does anyone use filters with their Contax lenses? In particular, I'm wondering how well promist and lowcon filters play with the Contax lineup. Or have people found that the naked lens already provides enough halation/lowcon that additional filtration isn't necessary?

Hi Paul,
    thanks for your input. I did end up buying the CY-MFT speedbooster Cine version. It was a bit pricey, specially sending it to Spain, but it works for my needs so I'm happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Capowski View Post
    Does anyone use filters with their Contax lenses? In particular, I'm wondering how well promist and lowcon filters play with the Contax lineup. Or have people found that the naked lens already provides enough halation/lowcon that additional filtration isn't necessary?
    Yes, certainly people do use these types of filters with their Contax lenses. Is it necessary? Only if trying to replicate a particular look. For example, a Contax lens alone won't give you the very prominent halation around light sources, nor will it do what a low con or ultracon do for a sunny, cloudless day. (It'll be closer, though, than if you'd used a Sigma Art lens.) Otherwise, I think it's probably mostly a matter of personal preference.

Would you guys know where can I buy a set of Contaxt Zeiss?