Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Supply chain...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Supply chain... 
    Well... the things you can't count on.

As a reminder, the vast majority of EPIC and Scarlet components are made in the USA and all will be assembled in our Irvine factory. But some components come from offshore.

We just got word that a few key components that we get from Japan will apparently be delayed for obvious reasons.

The most significant are some key parts for Scarlet 8X Fixed lens.

EPIC-Ms are not affected... as we have local inventory.

The 1st (very small) batch of EPIC-X will not affected as we have local parts inventory. We are scrambling to find alternate sources to minimize any delays to continued EPIC-X production.

I am quite sure we are not alone in supply chain issues concerning electronics. The world is very connected.

We'll keep you updated as we get more information. In the meantime, we will continue to hold life as more important than business and pray for the people of Japan.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Banned
    Completely understandable.

Completely understand Jim.

Maybe now all those who continually demand exact dates will understand why they are impossible to give!

Senior Member Mohammed El Sharqawy's Avatar
    sorry for Japan..
    I wish to know which parts of the fixed lens are made in Japan?
    Mohammed El Sharqawy
    Cinematographer/Editor/VFX/Colorist
    http://vimeo.com/channels/71836

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Well... the things you can't count on.

As a reminder, the vast majority of EPIC and Scarlet components are made in the USA and all will be assembled in our Irvine factory. But some components come from offshore.

We just got word that a few key components that we get from Japan will apparently be delayed for obvious reasons.

The most significant are some key parts for Scarlet 8X Fixed lens.

EPIC-Ms are not affected... as we have local inventory.

The 1st (very small) batch of EPIC-X will not affected as we have local parts inventory. We are scrambling to find alternate sources to minimize any delays to continued EPIC-X production.

I am quite sure we are not alone in supply chain issues concerning electronics. The world is very connected.

We'll keep you updated as we get more information. In the meantime, we will continue to hold life as more important than business and pray for the people of Japan.

Jim
    This kind of transparency... KICKS ASS... so we can all plan our lives and manage expectations. Thanks Jim.

Feel bad for my friends in Japan... those reactors take weeks to meltdown.
    Lots of uncertainty and continuous after shocks... we are blessed
    Kind regards,

Tim Whitcomb
    Filmmaker

My aunt and uncle live in Tokyo. I just found out that they are okay. It is very sad the devastation and tragedy that we've seen happening all over Japan. We will continue to keep the Japanese people in our prayers.

Thanks
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Thanks so much for the update, Jim. I'm looking very forward to seeing what's up your collective sleeve next month at NAB, and am patient knowing I'll get my Epic-X when you've had time to work out any mfg issues with your Tatoo, Stage-2, and Stage-3 customers! ;-)

Hopes and prayers to those suffering in Japan...

www.EMBStudios.com

Epic-M 567

We all understand completely - it is a hard reminder that there are much more important things than cameras and production schedules. The scale and magnitude of the tragedy in Japan is really quite hard to comprehend. Here is just one example that shows the scale of this disaster.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2....html?src=tptw

As others have said, its unfortunate whats happening in Japan, and thinking about my scarlet should be the least of my worries. Helping them rebuild should be our main option, since they really are our technology infrastructure in our modern country.