Thread: FCPX to Resolve Bug?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 FCPX to Resolve Bug? 
    Okay this is a weird one that I have never experienced before and wanted to see if anyone else has.

THE PROBLEM

XML from FCPX to Resolve doing my standard prep in FCPX to get everything as tidy as possible, remove attributes, etc. Mostly get everything on a single track. But, when I open this XML in Resolve the RED clips show up fine but any changes to metadata (color space, ISO, WB, etc) have no effect. As in, you can raise the ISO to 12800 and it will have no effect. They simply are not responding.

ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS

First thing I did was update Resolve from V17.0 to 17.1.1 (I can't go to 17.2 yet) thinking maybe there was a bug. That was not successful in solving this.

Then I created a new Resolve project, tried the import process again, still no control over metadata.

Then I took the clips into Redcine and was able to verify that I could control the metadata there. I even saved new RMD files.

Attempted a third import in Resolve. No go.

Created a new project and brought a couple of the clips in individually and put them on their own timeline and voila I was able to get the metadata to have an effect again.

What could FCPX possibly be doing to the XML to create this kind of bug? I have never seen this type of thing before.
    Steve Sherrick

Can I get specs like FCPX version, OS and R3D format?
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    Can I get specs like FCPX version, OS and R3D format?
    FCPX - 10.5.2
    OS - 11.2.3
    Resolve 17.1.1
    R3D - DSMC2 HELIUM 8K S35, REDCODE 10:1, Camera firmware 7.0.4, most clips 8192x3456

Thanks Eric!
    Steve Sherrick

Crap Big Sur.
    I don't have any system running that :(
    I have similar Helium clips from an old project but have never run into that issue.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Santiago View Post
    Crap Big Sur.
    I don't have any system running that :(
    I have similar Helium clips from an old project but have never run into that issue.
    You are right about Big Sur. It is my least favorite OS ever (I skipped Catalina). But I had to go to at least Catalina for a specific piece of software I use and I decided to skip Catalina and go to Big Sur but it has been lots of headaches. Even current versions of iOS I feel have taken some steps backwards making certain things harder than they were before not easier.

So, yeah wouldn't be surprised if this is something that Big Sur messed up or a combo of things but it's really strange. Some of the RED clips in the timeline actually do work which has me even thrown more now.
    Steve Sherrick