Thread: RED BOMB OLED EVF - RED is not servicing

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED BOMB OLED EVF - RED is not servicing 
    Hello

We are a rental house & production company in Istanbul and we are using our BOMB OLED EVF (DSMC1) with our RED Gemini and RED Carbon Fiber Dragon (DSMC1)
    Our evf suddenly started showing color bars and RED logo and its not showing up the image.
    The issue happened to other customers and somehow they solved it via firmware upgrade etc but ours couldnt.
    Since there is no RED Service in Turkey, I have sent the evf via authorised RED Reseller of Turkey to RED.

Unfortunately they do no provide service to this EVF due to it is discontinued.
    Where can I get it fixed in LA?
    Which I find this is crazy and I have only 10 days, do you recommend any service points in Los Angeles or in London
    Within this attitude, as a rental house I really want to sell all my RED stuff and switch to Arri.
    If I can not get serviced a 3k usd evf around the globe so that it shows RED is not a good investment at all.
    That drived me mad to be honest,
    I appreciate your help about that issue

Thank you so much
    Kind Regards
    Best
    Serhan

Did you ever find help?

If not, I am in LA and I can loan you my EVF for free, if you are shooting in the USA. But if you are shooting in another country, send me a PM.

Hello Dear James.
    Thank you so much for your response and kindness. Unfortunately I couldnt get any help about the service for evf
    I am own a film studio & rental house in Istanbul as well as production company. So I sent my EVF to get it serviced, since there is no service point in Istanbul
    But its crazy that if I cant find a solution I have to send it to Ukraine, China or throw it away
    I will be sending you a DM.