Thread: OConnor DV fluid head 100mm

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 OConnor DV fluid head 100mm 
    Hello,

It is with regret that I'm selling my OConnor DV head. It was recently completely overhauled by Novacam. It was completely drained of fluid and filled with original fluid. Mechanically tuned up, and pan and tilt shafts smoothed down. I'm selling because I recently got a 1030DS.

asking $2,500 + shipping/insurance cost

-George Su
    Attached Images

more pics
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gsupersu View Post
    P.S. to Admins - someone help me change my username to my real name!
    Hey George-- there's a thread for real name requests, actually: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ght=real+names

Good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Hey George-- there's a thread for real name requests, actually: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ght=real+names

Good luck with the sale!
    Oh perfect, thanks!

I just want to put it out there that these heads are one of those "if you know about them..." items. They're modern O'Connor heads. And they were designed for lighter cameras (specc'ed to balance up to 24lbs of camera). Perfect for our lighter DSMC/2 and Komodo rigs. I'm told OConnor stopped producing them because they cost just as much as the larger heads to make but sold for less as smaller heads.

The one complaint some people have had is about the older style QR plate mechanism. It's possible to replace that with a custom arri-type slider. But this example that George is selling (I don't know him personally - just a fan of these heads) happens to be the latest version with the coveted Euro-style QR plate. If you're thinking about it, buy it. These don't come around that often and this one is in great shape.

Wow Sean,

Thanks for the review, and nice to meet you! You almost convinced me to just keep the head. Almost.

Bump

Bump!

FWIW I thought this was listed for $1900 before I posted my comments. With a little looking and waiting I've picked them up for around $1000 in good working used condition. There is a seller on ebay trying to set a market value around $3000 - $4000 but I really don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Solowiej View Post
    FWIW I thought this was listed for $1900 before I posted my comments. With a little looking and waiting I've picked them up for around $1000 in good working used condition. There is a seller on ebay trying to set a market value around $3000 - $4000 but I really don't see that happening.
    Hey Sean, so you've found good-working Oconnor DV heads for 1k? If I saw one listed for that much I would take a gamble on it, too.
    I've priced this one right at a little above my cost. It might seem high to some, but this is a guaranteed great working head with brand new fluid and tuned up from Novacam.

I am using this head for B cam next to my 1030DS, and sometimes I really prefer the smaller OConnor. It's such a good head, I'll probably just end up keeping it, unless someone really wants it.