Thread: SMALLEST external screen for KOMODO. (not a phone).

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 SMALLEST external screen for KOMODO. (not a phone). 
    Like it says. I have the 6k Pro, love the little big screen. How can I have a small foldable screen for KOMODO. Plus if it can rotate 180.

Also best way to get KOMODO to look like a dslr? I have filmed some great things with the 6KPro because others thought it was a photo camera.

Also these people saying KOMODO takes 3-4 times as long to shoot with than a BM6KPRO?

What? Saying the codec isn't as good as the dsmc2's ?

I´m looking into finding a 5" ultra high nits screen element. Then make a solid design for it with capped in battery, nato mount and well placed SDI port. If someone has a good arrow for such element on alibaba or such would be great.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    I´m looking into finding a 5" ultra high nits screen element. Then make a solid design for it with capped in battery, nato mount and well placed SDI port. If someone has a good arrow for such element on alibaba or such would be great.

How are you liking your KOMODO.

And compared to the clean smooth microcontrast image from the Epic-W?

I really like the SmallHD OLED 5” Focus. Mounted on top of the outrigger handle with a Smallrig swivel mount.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    How are you liking your KOMODO.

And compared to the clean smooth microcontrast image from the Epic-W?
    To be honest I see more problem with the image from the helium sensor then from Komodo. Helium has some really odd out of gamut color handling, breaking lights on the back of cars looking wack etc. Komodo handles such colors more like monstro. Then also the high pixel pitch of helium quite easily cause colorfringing in highlight and such when not using the best of lenses, something komodo suffer less from. Helium also has a quite heavy rolling shutter..

So all in all the only upside I see for helium compared to komodo as I see it is a more highres image that holds more quality when well lit / well exposed and without signal colors that lnads in the pereferi of the colorgamut and yes frame rate. 68 fps compared to 40 at full sensor.

So yes as I got a monstro I actually would not like to trade my komodo for a helium, as I find the komodo as a better compliment. Smaller, less power hungry, global shutter, autofocus etc. Stuff monstro dont do.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro