Thread: FIRMWARE Upgrade not working

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 FIRMWARE Upgrade not working 
    Hello Dear members of the Red Forum,

My issue is the I can't upgrade my Red Komodo FIRMWARE, I have downloaded the latest and upload it to root of the CF card, as it mentioned on the website, but when I insert it inside Komodo and go to Maintenance>Upgrade the systems says there is no file to upgrade. My current FIRMWARE is 1.3.1 which is the first there was, and I can't upgrade it for some reason =( If any suggestions please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexei Voitovici View Post
    Hello Dear members of the Red Forum,

My issue is the I can't upgrade my Red Komodo FIRMWARE, I have downloaded the latest and upload it to root of the CF card, as it mentioned on the website, but when I insert it inside Komodo and go to Maintenance>Upgrade the systems says there is no file to upgrade. My current FIRMWARE is 1.3.1 which is the first there was, and I can't upgrade it for some reason =( If any suggestions please let me know.
    You have to put in only the upgrade folder....not the folder that unzipping the file creates. In other words just copy the upgrade folder only to the card and try that.
    Monstro 8K VV 025118 Lena
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Storm Trooper Komodo 0149
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    RED Pro Zooms
    Zeiss Otus
    Xeen CF
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

Which version are you trying to update to? If you're trying to upgrade to the latest version, perhaps try and update to the very next one in line before going to the most current one.

When you say you're putting it on the root of the card, are you taking the upgrade.bin file and directly putting it on the root of the card? Because it should reside inside the upgrade folder. So it should be structured this: root > upgrade > upgrade.bin

If you're on windows, I've had better luck extracting the .zip folder manually and then dragging the upgrade folder to the card. This hasn't happened to me with Komodo yet but on DSMC2 if I would preview the contents of the .zip in windows without actually extracting and then drag and drop from there, the update process wouldn't go through.

Lastly, try secure formatting the card in camera before putting it into the card reader just to rule that out.

Its seems like i need to add the folder not the file alone, after this it works fine thank you guys.