Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Komoodo Beta 1.5 finally has landed

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Timmons View Post
    I bet. Komodo seems like a "fun" camera. I actually filmed a little with a colleague's Sigma fp on one gig. It's not bad for the price and features.
    I flilmed Itzak Perlman with my Sigma fp. :)

RED One MX #1825 long informed me that it prefers to go out on the battle field.
    Alas, I don't think retirement is in the cards.
    The Komodo will probably change your mind :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    I flilmed Itzak Perlman with my Sigma fp. :)

The Komodo will probably change your mind :)

Cool. I like how Sigma has shaken up the photo/video market with their lenses and now their cameras.

The Komodos will definitely be my go to cameras for too many reasons to count. I do still plan on working the MX into the mix when I can.
    The image from the MX is still beautiful and fulfilling to work with.

The incredibly small size, weight, connectivity, and improved RED IQ makes Komodo a true new breed of cinema camera.
    I think one has to shake traditional notions of filmmaking to make the most use of it.

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA
    If you love comic books please support the GoFundMe for
    Hy Eisman: A Life in Comics documentary

www.britim-media.com
    IMDB

Hey All!

Please tell me why this is a crazy idea... Can I download clips via Wifi/Ethernet/FTP while rolling! Where's the catch: Card access speed? Bus bandwidth issues? What am I missing? :)

Loving Peaking and 1:1 in Red Control app!!!
    Thanks,
    -Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Timmons View Post
    Cool. I like how Sigma has shaken up the photo/video market with their lenses and now their cameras.
    Yeah, my two primary lenses (18-35, 50-100) are Sigma lenses. The rest are a bit of a hodgepodge though (Irix 150 macro, Canon 800mm f/11) :)

The Komodos will definitely be my go to cameras for too many reasons to count. I do still plan on working the MX into the mix when I can.
    The image from the MX is still beautiful and fulfilling to work with.
    The Epic-W has a lot more resolution than the Komodo, but there's more than just the body size that makes it easier to to use. The batteries and battery life are a huge on. I went out bird hunting with it, brought four batteries, and kept the camera on while looking for short-eared owls, and even so I only ran one of the two batteries I had mounted flat.

The incredibly small size, weight, connectivity, and improved RED IQ makes Komodo a true new breed of cinema camera.
    I think one has to shake traditional notions of filmmaking to make the most use of it.

If you keep the rig minimal, it's an amazing little camera. I find the big Komodo rigs to be rather comical, because some of them are huge. Mine's pretty compact, and very travel optimized. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

I’m probably going to try to get a Komodo soon to keep my SW company. I’m tired of spending so much time matching wildly different cameras, and would love to have a RED on a DJI RS2.

Even ACES hasn’t helped my XT3 b-cam handle mixed lighting like my RED does.

Quote Originally Posted by erichann View Post
    Hey All!

Please tell me why this is a crazy idea... Can I download clips via Wifi/Ethernet/FTP while rolling! Where's the catch: Card access speed? Bus bandwidth issues? What am I missing? :)

Loving Peaking and 1:1 in Red Control app!!!
    Thanks,
    I have tested this and yes it works, you can just download the segment of the R3D that has completed(not the part that is being written too). Would I recommend it... probably not.

Do bear in mind Gigabit Ethernet speeds if you hard-wire through a USB-C to Ethernet adapter which are around ~125MB/s but with encryption, it will be lower than that depending on the software & hardware config. So not as fast as downloading via a Card Reader.

Still epic never the less - I've been playing with uploading LUT's, Presets & CDL's & from a camera prep perspective it gets me excited! Even on-set if a DP has a new lens and needs a new frame guide on all camera's or a new LUT if they are all on the same network you can make the changes without impacting the shooting process.... crazy.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5401988/

Ex-RED Dragon / Epic Owner

FTP looks really neat. Does anyone know if the Komodo has rtmp built in for streaming?

Thanks

Craig Lees
    London
    UK

And is there an 8:9 anamorphic mode for 2x lenses?

That would make me : )

Lots of good stuff in this update.

Craig Lees
    London
    UK

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Really great update this one. Will have to cross some of the feedback points of the list in the Komodo thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Added WiFi Scan support
    Added static IP support to Infrastructure mode
    What will these do? Improving connectivity? Stability of network?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Really great update this one. Will have to cross some of the feedback points of the list in the Komodo thread.

What will these do? Improving connectivity? Stability of network?
    WiFi Scan will scan for the networks vs you have to type in the SSID manually - makes life a lot easier!

Static IP support means that for situations where a studio or production has assigned IP addresses to various devices you can set a Static IP for the camera to retain & the network won't change it. Can be very useful to segment devices to certain IP ranges when you have lots of devices on a network.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5401988/

Ex-RED Dragon / Epic Owner