Thread: Komodo Multi-Cam Start/Stop Record Control?!?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Likely to Partner Up with Maxx Digital and a Highly Specialized Professional Cable builder company and might even offer them up for all Komodo Users ;)
    This would not be cheap, but would be of the highest quality standards possible and will be a perfect harmony match for the Komodo ;)
    In the end, that's what matters!

I guess you are right Björn. To paraphrase; maybe an app to rule them all and in the set start them would be the perfect solution.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Wikstrom View Post
    I would be careful with thomsonvisuals.com

I hired them months back to build custom cables for my Komodo The cost was $300 for 2 cable. When they arrived one cable worked great but the other cable to power my follow focus motor did not. They quickly had it sent back to them and they returned it, but still again it was not working. I tried to contact them multiple times about it after, but never heard back from them, they ghosted me. Going from quick response to no response.

Alex the guy I corresponded with was very friendly and always replied quickly.

I won't be using them or recommending them to anyone else.
    Hey Lars,

First things first, my apologies for the non-working PD movie power cable.

I won't bullshit around, I left for a two-week gig that turned into a six-week gig. I had 600 emails waiting for me when I came back. My mom & employees did the best they could to manage the avalanche, but your email was one of the ones that got lost in the shuffle. I did see that you sent your warranty request to store@thomsonvisuals.com not alex@thomsonvisuals.com so it's not even like no one saw it. It's important for me to note that you did nothing wrong, my team just let that slip through the cracks. Obviously, an outstanding warranty claim is something I'd like to know about.

Once I saw this post on REDuser, I immediately went to your order in Shopify to take a look at the order notes. It looks like when we sent the cable back to you, we wired power to pins 1 and 2, and common to pins 3 and 4. It's possible that the pin-out from PDmovie is wrong, or the work that by employee did in my absence was wrong. In any case, let's make it right.

I've refunded the full $301.76 back to your card. No questions asked. If you want to give me another shot, I will send you a pre-paid UPS Next Day Air envelope to send the non-functional PD movie power cable back to me, personally, so I can take a look at it and see what's what. If I find that it can be fixed, I'll fix it. If I need to buy another 6 pin LEMO, I'll run over to Alpine Electronics and buy it right then and there. Thomson Visuals has been around since 2016, but it's never been this busy. I'm in the process of beefing up our customer support so something like this never happens again.

My apologies for the hassle, but sometimes, businesses just fuck up. I'm sorry it happened to you, but now that I'm back, I'd like the opportunity to make it right.

-A

Alex Thomson
    Thomson Visuals
    REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098 (donated)
    Raven #61 (sold)
    Komodo ST #234
    Komodo #7715

Hi YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Thomson View Post
    Hey Lars,

First things first, my apologies for the non-working PD movie power cable.

I won't bullshit around, I left for a two-week gig that turned into a six-week gig. I had 600 emails waiting for me when I came back. My mom & employees did the best they could to manage the avalanche, but your email was one of the ones that got lost in the shuffle. I did see that you sent your warranty request to store@thomsonvisuals.com not alex@thomsonvisuals.com so it's not even like no one saw it. It's important for me to note that you did nothing wrong, my team just let that slip through the cracks. Obviously, an outstanding warranty claim is something I'd like to know about.

Once I saw this post on REDuser, I immediately went to your order in Shopify to take a look at the order notes. It looks like when we sent the cable back to you, we wired power to pins 1 and 2, and common to pins 3 and 4. It's possible that the pin-out from PDmovie is wrong, or the work that by employee did in my absence was wrong. In any case, let's make it right.

I've refunded the full $301.76 back to your card. No questions asked. If you want to give me another shot, I will send you a pre-paid UPS Next Day Air envelope to send the non-functional PD movie power cable back to me, personally, so I can take a look at it and see what's what. If I find that it can be fixed, I'll fix it. If I need to buy another 6 pin LEMO, I'll run over to Alpine Electronics and buy it right then and there. Thomson Visuals has been around since 2016, but it's never been this busy. I'm in the process of beefing up our customer support so something like this never happens again.

My apologies for the hassle, but sometimes, businesses just fuck up. I'm sorry it happened to you, but now that I'm back, I'd like the opportunity to make it right.

-A

Alex Thomson
    Thomson Visuals
    Very good Alex!

Fuck Ups, big or small are a part of human life...
    It's the way it is and every Business/person has them soon or later.

But failure to take care of it it's the real problem, so good on you for taking care of it! Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    Very good Alex!

Fuck Ups, big or small are a part of human life...
    It's the way it is and every Business/person has them soon or later.

But failure to take care of it it's the real problem, so good on you for taking care of it! Bravo!
    I updated my original post. Glad to see this was just an over site and that they will be resolving it! Like I said originally Alex was always quick to respond so it was out of character, glad it was a mistake. As I need more custom cables I will be using them again, trust is restored!

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Wikstrom View Post
    I updated my original post. Glad to see this was just an over site and that they will be resolving it! Like I said originally Alex was always quick to respond so it was out of character, glad it was a mistake. As I need more custom cables I will be using them again, trust is restored!
    Cool!
    Love to see positivity and fellow filmmakers taking care of each other.

This business many say it's #%$ked Up, I say it just needs more good passionate people willing to forgive and forget but most importantly take responsibility and make good on each other... Always!