Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED APPLE WORKFLOW INSTALLER V18.0 (Apple Silicon support)

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    FIXED version 18.1.0
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #32  
    Hi everyone,

We put out a bug fix release 18.1 that should fix the image corruption that were visible on M1 Apple Silicon macs.

Please let us know how the fix looks.

Thanks,

Rob
    ROBCODE Santa Claus @ RED

"You get the chicken by waiting for the egg to hatch, not by smashing it with a hammer" - Jarred

Rob - release 18.1 works fine, thanks for the update. While looking for other updates on red.com I noticed and downloaded the Red Creative LUT 1.0.2 which was just released 10 days ago. The release notes say that this fixed FCPX support, so I was happy to have this resolved as well. Unfortunately, when I installed the LUTs in my DSMC2 camera, they played in camera monitor fine, but when the footage was uploaded to my M1 MAC they were still not recognized, and ignored by FCPX latest version. Respectfully I have two questions, why does this still not work even with this recent update and why is there not a systematic way that users are notified of updates to firmware and software? I always find it by just looking at the downloads page periodically?

Thanks,

Jon
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lohman View Post
    Which issue are you talking about here? RED users part of the Apple FCP beta got access to our plugin and we received no reports of issues.
    OK- After several months of getting the Internal Error 500 message I am now finally able to post to this thread again.

I wrote the original post that started this thread.

Are people still getting this error?
    I've been way too busy to risk installing FCP 10.5.2. and am still using 10.4.8.

Hey Rob,
    Greatly appreciate your involvement on this thread.

The issues I'm experiencing are-
    1- Very slow performance and spinning beachballs when stepping into a RED folder when trying to import footage.
    2- Much slower than normal performance when actually importing clips into a project.
    3- Spinning beachballs that last several minutes.

I confirmed that other codecs performed normally so it seemed to be a R3D specific issue.

The plugin seems stable and playback was generally better than previous versions.
    Actions involving working with R3Ds are VERY slow.
    Trying to actually step into R3D folders in the import window, importing clips, selecting clips, or trying to move a clip in a timeline all produced the spinning beach ball for me.

I did work with the Apple FCP beta and it was indeed fine. The issues started late August with the 10.4.9 release.
    Again, the issues continued with later FCP X and Apple workflow versions.

Would be interested to know if these problems still persist..

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA
    If you love comic books please support the GoFundMe for
    Hy Eisman: A Life in Comics documentary

www.britim-media.com
    IMDB

I just loaded 10.5.3 onto my laptop (MBP mid-2014) and FCP seems to be back to normal
    when working with R3Ds.

R3Ds seem to be quick and responsive like before.

My system is still the same as previous (10.15.7 with RED Apple workflow installer V17).

The only thing that changed was my update from FCP 10.4.8 (which was the last workable version for me)
    to this latest 10.5.3.

If anyone had any of the issues discussed in this thread try the latest FCP update.

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA
    Last edited by Brian Timmons; 06-27-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: correction on Apple workflow installer version #
    If you love comic books please support the GoFundMe for
    Hy Eisman: A Life in Comics documentary

www.britim-media.com
    IMDB