Thread: Adobe Premiere 14.3 Finally working with R3d and IPP2?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Adobe Premiere 14.3 Finally working with R3d and IPP2? 
    Anybody updated to 14.3? I just did today and everything seems to beworking well.

FINALLLLLLLLLLY

I almost fully switched over to resolve because I couldn't FREAKING playback even 6k footage with my Nvidia 2080 ti.. makes zero sense.

Ipp2 works well in the master tab too. Luts, output tone, highlight rollof - WHICH NEVER WORKED are now sexy and snappy. I haven't put it fully through its paces. Let me know if anyone else hits a snag.

Also works with komodo:
    https://burgercamera.com/premiere-pr...-canon-eos-r5/
    Director of Photography
    Co-Founder of naknek

Website
    Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFrancis View Post
    WHICH NEVER WORKED
    When was the last time you updated? IPP2 has been working well for a long, long, long time now. Like maybe two full versions.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    When was the last time you updated? IPP2 has been working well for a long, long, long time now. Like maybe two full versions.
    An aspiring editor edited a shooting of mine (Epic helium 6k-8k r3d + proxies). He edited with the proxies, seeing full IPP2 (baked in the prores files) image in Premiere.
    Switching to the r3d for exporting this afternoon we saw log3G10 instead of full IPP2 and he didn't knew how to show what I saw on monitors while filming
    Anyone have suggestions? This is on an iMac Pro, Premiere last version, I suppose (not there at the moment)
    Thanks

In the latest version of Premiere Pro (14.9) Adobe changed the default color space and gamma curve to RedWideGamutRGB and Log3G10 respectively, does anyone know if there is anyway to disable this and have the R3D files be imported the old way with Rec.709 and BT.1886? I don't edit for HDR so there is no reason for me to have this feature. I am aware that it is possible to change the color space and gamma curve in one clip, create a preset, and then apply it to multiple clips but this will also change other metadata like color temperature and ISO values, something I would prefer to avoid.