Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: I didn't want to make this public, but...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    This isn't right..lemme look into it .
    #ThisIsReduser

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Fitzpatrick View Post
    Just to be clear, I purchased the card brand new from RED, it was a backup. Low hours of use, my older card still worked fine. If I treated the card poorly I wouldn't be so upset. The fact that they told me they couldn't diagnose the problem is what got me so upset. Followed by throwing it away without letting me even know.
    Sorry still digging in, it took a bit to find you as the information you posted was incorrect. This card was not purchased brand new from RED a year ago, it was purchased from a 3rd party dealer just shy of 2 years ago. Which all doesn't matter as it's not the point of the card failure or the issue ... but since you double downed on that incorrect fact just wanted to correct. We definitely fell down here on a few things so meeting with the team to resolve and get you sorted.

We definitely fell down here on a few things so meeting with the team to resolve and get you sorted.
    You won't get that kind of service from Arri or Sony. Good on you Jarred!
    Monstro 8K VV 025118 Lena
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Storm Trooper Komodo 0149
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    RED Pro Zooms
    Zeiss Otus
    Xeen CF
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

Hey Jarred,

Wow, I just got the voicemail. This is extremely helpful and incredible. I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to look into this and I am very grateful.

Just to be clear so it doesn't look sketchy on my end. I mailed RED the card around 6 months ago. Also, I purchased the package brand new through Abel cine, which is an authorized RED dealer. I should have been clear on that, my apologies. They told me I had to go directly to RED for handling media issues.

Regardless this is really cool, I thank you and RED very much for being so personal.

All the best,

John

Sorry still digging in, it took a bit to find you as the information you posted was incorrect. This card was not purchased brand new from RED a year ago, it was purchased from a 3rd party dealer just shy of 2 years ago. Which all doesn't matter as it's not the point of the card failure or the issue ... but since you double downed on that incorrect fact just wanted to correct. We definitely fell down here on a few things so meeting with the team to resolve and get you sorted.
    John Fitzpatrick
    IMDb
    Instagram
    Johnfitzpatrickdp.com
    Arri Alexa Mini / Arri SR2 / Zeiss B Speeds

Jerred this is cool that you looked in the small issue like this one your self. But when you say " card was not purchased brand new from RED " dose that mean that all things we buy through the network of authorized dealers are considered sketchy and not trust worthy if we have an issue down the line with that product?
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Fitzpatrick View Post
    Hey Jarred,

Wow, I just got the voicemail. This is extremely helpful and incredible. I appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to look into this and I am very grateful.

Just to be clear so it doesn't look sketchy on my end. I mailed RED the card around 6 months ago. Also, I purchased the package brand new through Abel cine, which is an authorized RED dealer. I should have been clear on that, my apologies. They told me I had to go directly to RED for handling media issues.

Regardless this is really cool, I thank you and RED very much for being so personal.

All the best,

John
    All good man... happy to sort ya. Apologies for how this all rolled out.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka Sanader View Post
    Jerred this is cool that you looked in the small issue like this one your self. But when you say " card was not purchased brand new from RED " dose that mean that all things we buy through the network of authorized dealers are considered sketchy and not trust worthy if we have an issue down the line with that product?
    No of course not, authorized dealers are good. It was just relevant here as John said multiple times he bought directly from RED but he didn’t , that made it impossible for us to look up his order as there was none and the time frame also incorrect so looking that way didn’t help either and left me scratching my head, Luckily the team found him in the support system so after we found him we were able to revisit how it was treated and resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Yount View Post
    You won't get that kind of service from Arri or Sony. Good on you Jarred!
    If you mean you won't get handled by the president - that's true since Sony is a massive publicly traded company with thousands of products vs Red - closely held small company with a few dozen products (only if you include accessories for the half dozen main products.)

I have seen this kind of statement numerous times on Reduser and in my experience it isn't true. If you mean responsive service to fix a problem I know of a number of situations of my own and my customers' where Sony bent over backwards to fix an issue (sometimes even when there isn't any legal or moral obligation for them to fix) so it might be better to simply say Kudos to Red for getting into it and avoid bashing other companies when you might not be well informed.

There doesn't seem to be a Sonyuser.net owned by the CEO so when Sony fixes an issue for a customer they don't normally publicize it.
    Save the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    If you mean you won't get handled by the president - that's true since Sony is a massive publicly traded company with thousands of products vs Red - closely held small company with a few dozen products (only if you include accessories for the half dozen main products.)

I have seen this kind of statement numerous times on Reduser and in my experience it isn't true. If you mean responsive service to fix a problem I know of a number of situations of my own and my customers' where Sony bent over backwards to fix an issue (sometimes even when there isn't any legal or moral obligation for them to fix) so it might be better to simply say Kudos to Red for getting into it and avoid bashing other companies when you might not be well informed.

There doesn't seem to be a Sonyuser.net owned by the CEO so when Sony fixes an issue for a customer they don't normally publicize it.
    Respectfully disagree. I worked in broadcast TV news for three decades, with mostly Sony equipment. Hundreds and hundreds of cameras. Not one single time did Sony "fix" anything for free. Further, when I first entered the RED Universe with a used 2011 Scarlet-MX from eBay in 2014 - No warranty - it "bricked" within the first two weeks that I had it. I had no choice but to send to RED expecting a bill much larger than the camera was worth. RED fixed the offending board, found a bad audio jack and fixed that, tested it, (maybe changed the sensor because it came back to me with zero hours) and overnighted it back to me. guess what the bill was? Free. I stand by my statement.

Edit: YMMV
    Last edited by Scot Yount; 02-27-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    Monstro 8K VV 025118 Lena
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Storm Trooper Komodo 0149
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    RED Pro Zooms
    Zeiss Otus
    Xeen CF
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

anyone else not able to talk to red support over the phone. is it only through their messaging center? i feel a 2-10minute phone conversation of a few questions back and forth turns into a week or two via their messaging center.

all other cinema brands allow a direct phone call.
    Last edited by James Sielaff; 02-27-2021 at 11:09 AM.