Thread: "I Don't Know You" music video, shot on Epic Dragon with Cooke Speed Panchros

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 "I Don't Know You" music video, shot on Epic Dragon with Cooke Speed Panchros 
    Shot this just about a year ago (and in a very different world!), it's finally just premiering this week:

This one was so much fun to make. The idea was to nod at Bob Fosse and classic Hollywood, but in a contemporary way. Our singer, Emma Caymares, can actually really dance, and it was the first of what I hope are many gigs with director Tina Romero. I had a tiny but great crew for this one-- we shot the whole thing in one day--, please reach out if you're looking for a great AC or gaffer or grip in NYC.

Thanks to the community here, I've learned a lot on this forum over the years!

Shot on what.

🥇

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Shot on what.
    Hey Andrew-- DSMC1 Epic Dragon (mostly in 5k). Lenses were Cooke Speed Panchros.

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Shot this just about a year ago (and in a very different world!), it's finally just premiering this week:

This one was so much fun to make. The idea was to nod at Bob Fosse and classic Hollywood, but in a contemporary way. Our singer, Emma Caymares, can actually really dance, and it was the first of what I hope are many gigs with director Tina Romero. I had a tiny but great crew for this one-- we shot the whole thing in one day--, please reach out if you're looking for a great AC or gaffer or grip in NYC.

Thanks to the community here, I've learned a lot on this forum over the years!
    I really liked this dance scene! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j1d...ew?usp=sharing

Nice job there!
    Patrick Webb,
    Director of Photography
    Heapsgood Productions, Norway.
    (www.Heapsgood.no)
    EPIC-X #06833 "Monsta" & SCARLET-X #01773 "Scratch"
    Carl Zeiss & Voigtänder Glass

Oooh, nice video. Liked it! Also liked it on YT.

BTW, any BTS footage?

E:
    Asking for a friend, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickWebb View Post
    I really liked this dance scene!
    Thanks, Patrick! That part was a lot of fun to shoot. It's a ballroom in an old hotel. The first JOHN WICK movie actually shot in this same space, but we didn't have the budget to dress it quite like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Šabović Adis View Post
    Oooh, nice video. Liked it! Also liked it on YT.
    BTW, any BTS footage?
    Thanks, Šabović, appreciate it!

No BTS footage, unfortunately-- anyone on set had their hands full!--, but happy to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by M Harvey View Post
    Thanks, Patrick! That part was a lot of fun to shoot. It's a ballroom in an old hotel. The first JOHN WICK movie actually shot in this same space, but we didn't have the budget to dress it quite like they did.

Thanks, Šabović, appreciate it!

No BTS footage, unfortunately-- anyone on set had their hands full!--, but happy to answer questions.
    That's pretty cool! Which hotel is it, to be honest? Or is that top secret? ;)
    Patrick Webb,
    Director of Photography
    Heapsgood Productions, Norway.
    (www.Heapsgood.no)
    EPIC-X #06833 "Monsta" & SCARLET-X #01773 "Scratch"
    Carl Zeiss & Voigtänder Glass

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickWebb View Post
    Which hotel is it, to be honest? Or is that top secret? ;)
    Haha-- no secret to location scouts, I suspect! It's the Hotel Wolcott on 31st Street in New York City.