Thread: Indy Feature Film shot on Komodo

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Indy Feature Film shot on Komodo 
    Hey guys,

In November & December, we shot our first indy-film entirely on the RED Komodo and the Tokina 11-20 & 50-135. It was an amazing experience working entirely independently but we had incredible support and an amazing story that made it possible to find locations, actors, and a crew to help us free of charge.

It's a psychology-thriller about the swiss finance industry and we shot it in Zurich, Switzerland (I'm Swiss) during a 1 month period and I've just finished the trailer and I am extremely happy to share it with you!

I thought of posting the Trailer here and get some feedback from you guys on the images. I've shot all in 2.4:1 6k MQ and post-processed it in Davinci Resolve and did the cut, coloring, and sound design.
    I've put a lot of work in pre-production regarding lighting and composition, so hopefully, that feeling comes through ;)

The film will be around 70min long but in swiss-german so I think it won't be too interesting for you guys, but I'll be doing subtitles so once it's out I'd love to know if there are some people in here that would be interested in watching it.

https://youtu.be/N2JLb7skijE

nice to see some indy Production.
    I would totall be up to see the final film in Swiss German. I love it.

is it possible that you compressed the trailer a bit too much before uploading it to YouTube? there are so many compression artefacts.

I was struggling so much with the export and I uploaded several different versions and ended up with the following settings:

4k in 2.4:1 ratio
    100mbit bitrate
    Progressive scan (no interlacing)
    High Profile
    2 consecutive B frames
    Closed GOP. GOP of half the frame rate.
    CABAC

and per usual the h264 .mp4 format

what programs did you do the export from?

Davinci Resolve

Have you tried Handbrake?
    Steve Sherrick

On the broad level (setting aside any export issues), the trailer looks great. Congratulations on pulling this off during the pandemic!