Thread: RED's militaristic branding and marketing.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Never bend the knee to the rage mob. Never, ever, ever. That never ends well. Give them an inch, and they will never let you forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilganowski View Post
    Hey Timothy, fuck off bro.
    I don't recall anyone telling anyone else to fuck off on this site. I have never done it, and nobody has ever done it to me. I dare say it's grounds for suspension, or perhaps banning. You could say that telling people to fuck off is very toxic, childish, and uncalled for. When you don't have an argument, pound the table.

You will find patterns of good and bad behaviour across all ages, races, what have you. The FBI has stats on that. But, being a normal person, I see people as individual human beings, not representatives of their groups.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Militaristic naming and conventions can be criticized because it has nothing to do with cameras. The naming conventions in this style is closer to a juvenile war game, a style of screaming bear-can squeezing humvee kids-with-beards shooting guns in the middle of the desert. This is the mentality that comes to mind whenever I see a militaristic type of style for something that has nothing to do with the military, war games and war.
    Sounds like you have more of an issue with the military in general than with RED.

Hey Jake, you got a beef, I’ll be happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    Never bend the knee to the rage mob. Never, ever, ever. That never ends well. Give them an inch, and they will never let you forget it.

I don't recall anyone telling anyone else to fuck off on this site. I have never done it, and nobody has ever done it to me. I dare say it's grounds for suspension, or perhaps banning. You could say that telling people to fuck off is very toxic, childish, and uncalled for. When you don't have an argument, pound the table.

You will find patterns of good and bad behaviour across all ages, races, what have you. The FBI has stats on that. But, being a normal person, I see people as individual human beings, not representatives of their groups.

Hey guys. Tim I apologize for telling you to fuck off. I was caught at a bad moment and your comment pissed me off. It gets to me when I feel like people are making fun of or insulting someone for making a “sensitive” comment. Feels like a bully. So I wanted to trigger you just like you were saying the original poster was triggered. Apparently it worked. Anyway, it was childish and I apologize.

Please don’t call me again.
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Hi Jake,
    Fuck off.
    Tim

Hi all. I will have to put my moderator hat on at some point, which is common fair for threads discussing this particular topic.

But yeah. Personal attacks are not okay per forum policy.

At the moment I'll chalk this up to a friendly meeting of critters on two sides of the road.

Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I’m done .

I don't care about political views, but for the love of God, keep the name DRAGON. You can get rid of every other damn name, but keep DRAGON!!!!!

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    As a roleplayer, a metalhead, and a camera operator, I just like how Red sensors are branded.
    Skulls, Komodo, Dragon, Gemini, Monstro are appealing to the mythology enthousiast I am. (Helium just sounds nice.)

I have to say though that Weapon and Bomb EVF were terrible choices that got me troubles in airport.
    Well not troubles, but some remarks from borders employees.

But I never had any trouble because of the Skull logo.
    I actually find that logo really good.

I want to Red to be able to name their technology the way they want.
    Not everyone feels like a camera must have a woman name Alexa, Amira...
    Not everyone like simple code numbers FX9, R5...

Let's keep the mythological imagery going on.
    I love to master these kinds of beasts.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--