Thread: Knurled thumbscrew for GDU monitor mount

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Knurled thumbscrew for GDU monitor mount 
    Hey was wondering if anyone might know of a good small knurled 1/4-20 thumbscrew to use with the GDU monitor mount? The included button cap screw is fine but if any rotation is applied to the display it required a tool to retighten.

I was thinking a nice small knurled thumbscrew could work really well to mount the display to the mount instead so it can be adjusted and tightened when needed. Was trying it out with some of the 1/4-20 baseplate screws I have but nothing quite working well. Need something with a little bit wider knurled knob to work well. I have been searching and can't find anything that will be small and thin enough to work so far.

Has been the only real annoyance for me with the GDU mount so far.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Hey was wondering if anyone might know of a good small knurled 1/4-20 thumbscrew to use with the GDU monitor mount? The included button cap screw is fine but if any rotation is applied to the display it required a tool to retighten.

I was thinking a nice small knurled thumbscrew could work really well to mount the display to the mount instead so it can be adjusted and tightened when needed. Was trying it out with some of the 1/4-20 baseplate screws I have but nothing quite working well. Need something with a little bit wider knurled knob to work well. I have been searching and can't find anything that will be small and thin enough to work so far.

Has been the only real annoyance for me with the GDU mount so far.
    Andrew: I have a lot of different knurled 1/4-20 screws that I use with our underwater housings and the 3D mirror rig we made. Can you post picture of what you are trying to do and I may be able to either supply or point you in the right direction.
    Save the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    Andrew: I have a lot of different knurled 1/4-20 screws that I use with our underwater housings and the 3D mirror rig we made. Can you post picture of what you are trying to do and I may be able to either supply or point you in the right direction.
    Yeah sure. Basically trying to replace the 1/4-20 screw that mounts the monitor to the mount (the one right under the SmallHD logo in this photo) with a screw I can tighten without a tool I guess. Seems like a small knurled knob could work well but just need to fine one in the right width and size.

DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST

Thats a tight fit. I don't think you're going to find anything that would work.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Thats a tight fit. I don't think you're going to find anything that would work.
    Yeah one of the reasons I was hinting at Jarred and GDU to make me one haha. I have seen some knurled 1/4-20 tripod screws that are on the wider side just having trouble finding one now.

Just found this going to give them a try.

https://www.amazon.com/Twenty-Length...677478&sr=8-14

Something like this would probably be perfect in the right length:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Fin...8&sr=8-20&th=1
    Last edited by andrewhake; 01-14-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    DSMC2 Gemini
    Komodo ST