Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED IN EUROPE? Bye bye UK... and now?

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by William Long View Post
    It is exactly this sort of unfortunate scenario that you describe that raises concern. I have the same question regarding sensor upgrades and camera service.
    I was told by customer support that Dealers couldn't do anything regarding my issue. So I greatly appreciate Red offering service on their own and to exchange the camera for a new one is great! Not one bad word about their service.

It's just that the surroundings have changed and although Red offers great service I'm doubtful that they can mitigate the problems surrounding their service with Brexit. And because it was mentioned before - it kind of feels like the UK have left Europe. At least commercially. I don't feel a lot of difference shipping to Berlin or Madrid or Stockholm (from Austria), rather than within Austria. But things got steep with Brexit for regular customers.

So I wouldn't count on dealers a lot regarding Komodo or maybe even future camera systems. From what I heard I'm doubtful Teltec (for example) could repair a Komodo. Or offer an exchange for a new one. That's the problem - they are also customers of Red of some sort without - what I feel is real authority over handling service. No problem if the Red service is as good as it is.

But it won't be as easy in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady Vyrlan View Post
    I have ordered my Komodo via CVP in November and asked them about import taxes to Spain. The answer was

"Red Komodo is 0.8% in EU. So duty = 0.8% x the sell price.
    Please let me know if you need anything else.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks"

Not as bad as we used to think.
    Yeah, that's upon import. Try sending your faulty camera to Red UK.

I still don't know who pays for up to 20% import tax and customs to the UK. Hopefully Red Europe as they can recoup (pre-tax) the rest but the 0.8% (I'm facing these 0.8% + 20% import tax as well when going the other round and the new camera is being shipped from the US, this is not the issue, as I can recoup import-VAT). The problem is the other way round. Just make shure you have your EORI number ready and your EU-VAT-number connected to it and tell the logistics company to bill import-VAT + 0.8% customs directly to your account to avoid handling fees or loss of pre-tax-deduction.
    Last edited by Andreas Eymannsberger; 01-22-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Eymannsberger View Post
    Yeah, that's upon import. Try sending your faulty camera to Red UK.

I still don't know who pays for up to 20% import tax and customs. Hopefully Red Europe as they recoup the rest but the 0.8% (I'm facing this as well while being shipped from the US, this is not the issue, as I can recoup import-VAT).
    The problem is the other way round.
    hm! I had a case when I had to send my faulty Westone W4R back to merchant in US from Spain. They provided me a special RMA number and all the papers I've attached to package and gave to DHL courier, then I was changed for newer model and sent back to me without any issues and additional payments.
    I believe there are options to send faulty items marked as returned by warraty issues.

RED UK has updated me with a RMA and shipping procedures, even covering shipping unter the warranty exchange program.

As I said: It's scary at times to deal with procedures, but when their service kicks in, it is really, really good.
    Last edited by Andreas Eymannsberger; 01-23-2021 at 12:35 AM.

For those who advice me to buy my Komodo from Teltec, they just answer me that they aren't allowed to sell out of Germany and Austria. So TRM or CVP for French, but TRM asked a 1000 euros deposit, no refundable.