Thread: Komodo shipping?

Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Red Service Office is also currently moving.

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/art...2020-1-15-2021
    Movme inc.
    Scarlet-X, Epic-X, Dragon, Epic-W, Komodo
    MacBook Pro 6 core, FCP-X, OSEE, Dynacore Tiny Batteries, DJI RS2

Just received an email from Red that shipping of my Komodo is delayed 2-3 more weeks due to Covid (ordered mid Nov, now shipping mid Feb).

What's new to me is that Red is offering to temporarily refund my payment, and recharge me only when my Komodo is ready to ship, without changing my place in the queue.

I just ordered a komodo I was told It's expected to be shipped around sometime in April. that being said they told me my card would not be charged until it's ready for shipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel hills View Post
    Ordered mine 21st October, when ordered the estimated delivery time was 4-6 weeks.

After nearly 8weeks of vague ideas when it will be shipped I was finally told a shipping date which was 11 November. I still have no shipping info, so it's still not been sent.

I am being patient cos I know COVID and the fire near the factory has delayed things, but 8 weeks is testing my patients a little. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.
    Have you ever bought a RED before? I think I waited in the Dragon upgrade queue for over a year. My Scarlet MX took 6 months.

This is all during a time when the company was growing and expanding its capabilities. Add in Covid and you've barely been waiting. Not trying to mention this to put you down, but just to give you some perspective. Manufacturing and production of a mass market product is an incredibly complex thing. COVID takes that to another level... the protocols to operate within the state of CA are incredibly strict (and for good reason). I've been lucky enough to try a Komodo. Your patience will pay off. It's well worth the safe wait.
    http://jeffreyloewe.com

Producer and Cinematographer at Tesla Motors

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Saad View Post
    That's a great question. I had been in contact with my rep through Dec. 4th. I emailed him the info he was asking for and I haven't heard back since. I've tried calling and emailing him, along with calling Red HQ, both just go to voicemail and no one has returned my vm's. I'm wondering if they've shut down due to California's stay at home order from last Monday the 7th?
    Hi Omar. I had a similar problem. I think they are having issues with their support email. After weeks of unanswered emails, I eventually opened a new ticket and i then got a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Feiner View Post
    Just received an email from Red that shipping of my Komodo is delayed 2-3 more weeks due to Covid (ordered mid Nov, now shipping mid Feb).
    I figured the new covid lockdowns would hinder production. As Stephen Colbert calls it, "Endless Bummer."

What's new to me is that Red is offering to temporarily refund my payment, and recharge me only when my Komodo is ready to ship, without changing my place in the queue.
    That's a new one for me too. Nice of them though.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

I made my order on Oct. 24, the first estimated shipping date was the 15th of this month, and now the new date is Jan. 10th. �� Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Loewe View Post
    Have you ever bought a RED before? I think I waited in the Dragon upgrade queue for over a year. My Scarlet MX took 6 months.
    That is absurd. Especially in the camera world, wait a year for anything and it'll be much less relevant of a tool than when you initially committed.
    DSMC2 Dragon-X
    waiting on Komodo...

I placed my order 19th October vis CVP and Im somewhere around slot 100. The problem is that the read sent only 30 cameras to CVP so far, which is shame! And I agree with what Brisn said. Half a year waiting for anything is way out of reality, we are in the age of super fast twchnology growth and whats good now wont be good in a year.

I got my baby dragon on Thursday. Took it out the box once and put it back. I have time tomorrow to play with it. Strangely I feel like its an early xmas. Cant wait!!!
    Last edited by Jamil Stubbs; 12-19-2020 at 11:03 PM.
    Scarlet-X 02987 *** Epic-M 00112 *** Komodo XXXXX
    Creative Director for Radiance Film & Digital Cinema 365