Thread: Shotgun mic in 2020: Sennheiser 416, 60, 8060?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Christopher. I looked around for some CS3e and M1 comparisons online and it does sound like the CS3e is richer in the low/mids (but hard to tell what we're listening to from highly compressed YouTube video comparisons). Does it do as well in terms of range and focus?

I may not be the best person to get that in-depth. I have A/B'd them and listened to them simultaneously(one in each ear) on one of my SD mixers, but I haven't gotten that "in-depth" with the M1 vs. the 3e, like that, as I mostly use the M1 as an on-cam mic and I hand-off most of what I shoot. But the fact that my audio guys also like it, does say something to me.

Sorry that I can't help more with this specific question.

Not a problem. Thanks so much for your input into this question.

Hey everyone, still thinking through my options here for a shoot coming up in a couple of weeks. As a one-person shooter, I need something that will be mounted to the camera (no boom operator) and will be able to pick up clean dialogue at medium range both indoors and outdoors, but primarily outdoors. What do people think about the Sennheiser 416, 8060, or even 600 for this purpose? Or is it not a wise investment to get a better quality microphone for on-camera use?

418 is great