Thread: Komodo + DJI RS 2

Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    As I understand, When you do. The right procidure for swaping power source is... Yes sounds crazy. To first unplug the 2pin lemo out of the camera. Then swap battery on the Dtap. Then insert the lemo back into the camera. That way you are using a shielded cable when power surge goes into the camera... If swapping battery on the Dtap you risk of applying the + pol before the - pol and when you do you might fry things.

That is if I understood the Arri documents and what red writes in their manuals correctly.

In my mind... for us that simply will not apply to the full safy protocol like this there is a little smaller safty precaution that could be done when insert a Dtap. IF you angle the Dtap slightly so the - pol connects before the + pol... then in theory your running a smaller risk of having the stuff go bye bye... But dont hold me accountable for it. :)

Thanks Björn!

https://tilta.com/shop/battery-plate...?aff=Syndicate

Anyone got the tilta rs2 battery plate yet? Seams smart to move the battery away from the back of the camera to underneath and sorts all kinds of power needs for focus motors, transmitters etc. Even though the weight of it all is still stressing the motors. Fun to see how tilta that you to be the copy cat is kind of running in the forefront on these things now.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

That’s actually pretty damn ingenious. The bottom of the plate can take the Ravens Eye or their Gold mount or V mount plate (removable/swappable) and if your’re not running a GM or VM batt, you can run power into any one of the four power connection ports and it will feed out of the other 3 ports.

Can you control the RS2 focus motor with this remote?
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Kwan Khan View Post
    Can you control the RS2 focus motor with this remote?
    Yes the joystick reset and focus wheel on the backside works just the same as those on the gimbal handle but wireless. Runs all day on a little gopro battery inside.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Yes the joystick reset and focus wheel on the backside works just the same as those on the gimbal handle but wireless. Runs all day on a little gopro battery inside.
    Hey Bjorn, iv been looking for something that does exactly this. Do you know if there's anyway to purchase the Tilta Wireless Thumb Controller separately? I've looked everywhere online I can't seem to find the controller.