Thread: Laowa OOOM 25-100 T2.9 Cine (Interchangeble PL/EF)

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    A comprehensive testing by ProAV UK.

Coverage change after 1.4X FF Expander used. Courtesy of PHFX tools.

More footage of the OOOM taken with BMD12K.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_laowa View Post
    Hello Nathan,

Its difficult to say if it can work with Sigma PL mount lenses. Once the new round sample is ready, we will produce a paper model file for customers to print out to test the fitting. The only challenge is the clearance of the adapter. Only thing I can guarantee is.. it works with our OOOM and our 12mm T2.9 PL.

Kevin
    It won't unless you remove the rear element protector. The sigma
    Pl mount is very long at 19.5mm preventing it from adapters like this or a speed booster. Did the measurements of the OOOM mount and my Sigma FF primes pl mount. Once I removed them the sigma lens mount is 14mm making it shorter than the OOOM at 15.875mm and should work with this. Waiting for them to release it then I'll know for sure if my mod works. Worked out the specs with sales people at Hot Rod camera and what info they could get a hold of about it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Any chance of adding an aspherical wide angle adapter to the accessory mix? Drop the range to say 15-60mm?
    That would be so helpful! Even if just expands it to 18 or 19mm, and doesn't go as far as 16mm (which would be ideal!!).

Because 25mm max wide angle can be tricky for S35 general purpose run & gun lens.
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_laowa View Post
    We have also developed a 1.33x Rear Anamorphic Adapter to pair up with the OOOM to create a unique look. Although Rear Anamorphic adapter behaves different from front anamorphic design, the look it creates is still very different from pure spherical lens.

Credit: Hangman Productions
    Any updates on this? Super excited to try it out. Will it work on full frame or is it only designed for Super 35mm? What's its image circle size?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    Any updates on this? Super excited to try it out. Will it work on full frame or is it only designed for Super 35mm? What's its image circle size?

The 1.33x adapter is out. It does has a 1.33x on the horizontal and 1.05x factor on the vertical. It works with full frame lens too. The only criteria is, your PL lens bayonet has to be flat enough to fit in.

Hi Kevin -trying to understand exactly all the components. Does the 1.33 adapter go on the zoom on its own, and the 1.4 expander is only if one wants to use the zoom on Full Frame? I guess I’m also asking you cannot use both mounts at the same time? Forgive the ignorance!

Kevin, I would also be interested if you know does the Kippertie Revolva PL mount work with the 1.33 adapter?
    "your PL lens bayonet has to be flat enough to fit in"
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Torrie View Post
    Hi Kevin -trying to understand exactly all the components. Does the 1.33 adapter go on the zoom on its own, and the 1.4 expander is only if one wants to use the zoom on Full Frame? I guess I’m also asking you cannot use both mounts at the same time? Forgive the ignorance!
    The 1.33x and 1.4x are separate ADAPTERS to use with the OOOM when you want to.
    Both mounts cannot be used together.