Thread: Bitcoin and crypto

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 Bitcoin and crypto 
    Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    None of this is investment advice. I have no business telling you what to do with your money. But, if you're like me, it's a good time to start accumulating Bitcoin and other crypto coins.

Here is some perspective: pretend that you started buying regular amounts of Bitcoin at regular intervals, back when Bitcoin hit its all time high of $20K. What would your position be today? You'd be up by 30%. Not bad, given that you started buying at exactly the worst time imaginable.

Bitcoin and a few other crypto coins are the best performing assets of the decade, and perhaps of all time. BTC itself is an idea place to store and grow your wealth. You don't buy coffee with it, you buy houses with it. It's not only the first cryptocurrency but it's the biggest, most valuable and most secure (more nodes than any other blockchain).

Sometimes you get lucky. One person bought $100 worth of a given popular coin. In a year or two that turned into.... $60,000. It's not going to necessarily happen, but it has happened, and will happen again, albeit at increasing intervals. But even just staying with BTC will increase and protect your wealth indefinitely.

I am diversified but more than half of my money went into BTC. It's expensive though but I aim to own a whole Bitcoin by the end of this year. I own other coins too, like Ether and Cardano.

Bitcoin in particular is hard money. There will never be more than 21 million of them. In fact in real terms, taking into account lost wallets, there will probably be no more than 17-19 million available.

If every millionaire wanted to buy just one Bitcoin today, guess what? They would not be able to. It's effectively impossible, because most holders of BTC are not selling.

How much confidence do I have in it? Let me answer this way: if I won $1M in a lottery, I would immediately put 90% of that into crypto. I wouldn't even think twice. Not into it? Okay. Let's see what the price is by December.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Unsplash | Pinterest | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

If crypto gave us anything it is good memes.

In the next 2 to 3 years, Bitcoin is probably going to be worth at least 10 times as much as it is now.
    Jaime Vallés

AJV Media
    Video, photography & graphic design
    www.ajvmedia.com

BTC this is something that most people don't know and only after 9 months of studies do you understand what it is. I have been using it since 2016 as an alternative payment method in my rental and now with the lighting network. This year-end and the next will integrate Taproor and Schnoor, this will mark another giant step forward for BTC which is unstoppable. Who says that BTC is a shit basically has not understood a shit or better say understand a shit.
    BTC is yours alone and as physical gold no one will take it away from you and it is not inflationable by renting it an incredible asset. Even in this crisis, it was the best asset in the world even in front of gold. The paradox is that people still like the fiat currency which with each passing day has less and less value because the institutions print money to go go.
    I am and I remain very confident on BTC in the next few years, it would be stupid not to have BTC in the portfolio knowing it.
    I make a bet that by 2023 it will be 100k.
    They will never sell it to return to Fiat but spend it slowly. Since I am already doing it now to buy workstations and electronic equipment here in Switzerland.

Love BTC;)
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    MONSTRO 8k CF #831 "BLACK PEARL" , EPIC-W GEMINI # "DAFNE".
    ARRI ALEXA EV , ALEXA MINI LF "ROZI"

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

Quote Originally Posted by luigivaltulini View Post
    BTC this is something that most people don't know and only after 9 months of studies do you understand what it is. I have been using it since 2016 as an alternative payment method in my rental and now with the lighting network. This year-end and the next will integrate Taproor and Schnoor, this will mark another giant step forward for BTC which is unstoppable. Who says that BTC is a shit basically has not understood a shit or better say understand a shit.
    BTC is yours alone and as physical gold no one will take it away from you and it is not inflationable by renting it an incredible asset. Even in this crisis, it was the best asset in the world even in front of gold. The paradox is that people still like the fiat currency which with each passing day has less and less value because the institutions print money to go go.
    I am and I remain very confident on BTC in the next few years, it would be stupid not to have BTC in the portfolio knowing it.
    I make a bet that by 2023 it will be 100k.
    They will never sell it to return to Fiat but spend it slowly. Since I am already doing it now to buy workstations and electronic equipment here in Switzerland.

Love BTC;)
    You have to rethink your thoughts about crypto inflation.
    I got plenty of paper bitcoins... What are those? Well, basically its the same as paper money. Paper money keeps the price on gold from sky rocketing. Same thing with crypto and btc, if there is X amount of BTC in the world there is likely a multiple of that amount available as paper bitcoin, bitcoin contracts, certificates etc.

The above you normally call fractional banking and it´s nothing crypto or BTC is imune against.

If you have btc in a wallet controlled by somebody else, like coinbase or such, likely they then lend those out to a multiple of people while you dont use them, same as an

But sure there is more paper money being printed than crypto paper, but thats just because the request for money is bigger.
    And I´m not saying BTC is not good / does not work or any such, just saying that, as a currancy, it is hit by inflation just like any other curancy, gold or what have you that will be around as long as there is banks or people aloud to lend out more money than they actually sit on.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    Monstro & Komodo

I thought the appeal of crypto was a monetary system outside of the traditional banking system, which made it immune to the pitfalls. since that was all a lie since the banks and now the government tax agency embraced and got the control of it none of the premise applies and it turned into just another fiat currency , just more risky and volatile as the value swings prove....
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    Bitcoin in particular is hard money. There will never be more than 21 million of them. In fact in real terms, taking into account lost wallets, there will probably be no more than 17-19 million available.
    Sure, there are only 21 million of them, but it's easy to make a new coin. With USD, sure, they can print more money, but that only devalues the asset, BUT, there will only ever be one USD.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-pancakeswap

Also with so many different currencies popping up every day who is to say what the "fools gold" is?
    There is no science/ chemical makep to have a definite determination. It's all perception and marketing (and Elons tweets ;-) Pretty messy to say the least....
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

As ponzi schemes go, I guess cryptocurrency is as good as any. There is no such thing as a free lunch. For every winner, somebody has to become burned sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    I thought the appeal of crypto was a monetary system outside of the traditional banking system, which made it immune to the pitfalls. since that was all a lie since the banks and now the government tax agency embraced and got the control of it none of the premise applies and it turned into just another fiat currency , just more risky and volatile as the value swings prove....
    Monero seems like a better go for this.

A lot more truly anonymous, private and truly de-centralised. Also made resistant to ASIC based mining, which means it’s more de-centralised. It’s one of the few that you can mine with a Mac!

“Monero's key features are those around privacy and anonymity.[5][1][4] In 2020, Forbes called monero "the largest privacy coin on the market".[6] Even though it is a public and decentralized ledger, all transaction details are obfuscated.[7] This contrasts to bitcoin, where all transaction details, user addresses, and wallet balances are public and transparent.[1][4] These features have given monero a loyal following among crypto anarchists, cypherpunks, and privacy advocates.[2]”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero

They also have a unique point of difference from bitcoin with regards to the total supply.

“ Monero — whose developers place anonymity and untethered usage of coins as a priorities — will have an ultimate supply of 18.4 million XMR.

So far, a total of 16,659,407 XMR is available.

Unlike Bitcoin (BTC) — which has a fixed supply once all coins are mined — Monero will continue generating tiny 0.6 XMR block rewards infinitely after 2022, a feature known as tail emission. “

https://cointelegraph.com/news/with-...sion-from-2022

This means there’s an ongoing incentive to run the processing to keep the network operational and secure.

No vested interest other than this being the first crypto currency that I’ve seen that actually delivers on the promise in terms of THOSE features.

JB
    John Brawley ACS
    Cinematographer
    Los Angeles
    www.johnbrawley.com