Thread: Kinefinity MAVO Edge

Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Rakesh,

Yeah, I believe you're right about the noise coming more from the camera than possibly from the codec. I really wanted to see how well ProRes Raw performed when it was recorded "internally" at 8k from the Mavo Edge then compared maybe to an externally recorded Panasonic 5.7k EVA1 or SH1 file.

personal opinion : Blown away with the shots from that sample trailer.

Dan,

Kinefinity said that they will be releasing additional footage tomorrow and who knows what else.

Kinefinity MAVO EDGE First Footage

By Newshooter

Article
    https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/03/...first-footage/

Wake up - BTS Video

By Kinefinity

Wake up | Shot on MAVO Edge

By Kinefinity

I think a lot of the scenes looked great but some didn't. I got nauseated from all of the moving shots, couldn't they have had more static scenes? I appreciated them using available lighting to illuminate scenes, but more staged lighting scenes would have been really nice. I also wish each individual scene would have been longer.

Also,

I didn't really like the Magenta, Orange, Low Contrast Blue, Low Saturation looks in this film. Here are a few quick personal suggestions of how I would have graded these few scenes. And before you tear me a new asshole, I know these were grading decisions that were made by the Director, Director Of Photography..Etal. My grades are no more important than anyone else's I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Last edited by rand thompson; 03-23-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Also,

I didn't really like the Magenta, Orange, Low Contrast Blue, Low Saturation looks in this film. Here are a few quick personal suggestions of how I would have graded these few scenes. And before you tear me a new asshole, I know these were grading decisions that were made by the Director, Director Of Photography..Etal. My grades are no more important than anyone else's I just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Looks great!

Thanks Andrew!

But I do realize that these grades go against the original intent of the film maker. Also lighting was specifically used to get the colors that I just corrected from. So again, I've seen the original color grades in this film in many successful films. Most adhering to ASC Vittorio Storaro`s famous color wheel. I just personally prefer a more natural look with sometimes a slightly more saturation look.

However, everyone is different so I learned to appreciate others works even if I would have made different choices.

Some additional technical info about "Wake Up" from the Kinefinity Website.

http://www.kinefinity.com/wake-up-by-edge-8k/

"Recording code: ProRes444 and ProRes 422HQ; Recording resolution: DCI 8K, 81924320 s25, 50fps;"

So I'm guessing 8k 24fps, 25fps maybe 30 fps can be recorded in ProRes 444 and probably from 30Fps to 75Fps Wide and 60fps DCI in ProRes 422HQ.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 03-24-2021 at 10:34 AM.

I tackled the Blue stuff, now I just thought I would try to tackle that orange crap. Other than a Blue flame now, HaHaHa, it looks okay.

Last edited by rand thompson; 03-27-2021 at 06:04 PM.