Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 658 of 683 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 6826
    The First Race - Mac Agnese, America's Cup Trimmer

By
    American Magic

Red Helium/ Red Komodo

Thank you Rand for posting all those videos everyday.
    I watch them all with great interest (and with our time zone difference, it is usually while I'm eating breakfast or doing sport :p).
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

You're welcome Bastien! There are more videos that come out everyday but I only try to post videos of a certain quality these days. What was good enough when there was hardly any Komodo footage availabe is now no longer good enough to be posted. I also try to post videos that are informative about some specific aspect of the Komodo that might be of interest to current owners and future owners of the Komodo.

Are The Anton Bauer Titon Micro Batteries Perfect For The RED Komodo? // New To Filmtools

By Filmtools

Anton Bauer website
    https://www.antonbauer.com/en/products/titon-micro/

https://www.filmtools.com/anton-baue...nt-option.html

Best Affordable EVF on RED Komodo and BMPCC4K - Portkeys LEYE

By
    Justin Phillip

Gear discussed in this video:

Portkeys LEYE:$399.00
    https://amzn.to/3nAIKRA

Nitze 1/4” Screw Rod Clamp with Locking Knob Monitor and Camera cage DIY Accessories -N20F: https://amzn.to/2WsgJzE

Nitze Monitor Holder Mount (1/4”-20 Screw) with 1/4”Screws Mount - N54-C1: https://amzn.to/3r7xn5T

CAME-TV 1 Foot Ultra-Thin and Flexible HDMI Cable AD: https://amzn.to/38lwA8B
    Last edited by rand thompson; 12-22-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Any word on image flip/flop for the onbard screen? Just a rough sketch for now but you get the idea. A rubbery loupe with adjustable focus in the back and a 45 deg mirror in the front.

132191439_10158776698973043_2828514389539284689_o by Björn Benckert, on Flickr
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Bjorn,

Wouldn't that Loupe get in the way of any V-mount or Gold-Mount battery plate solution for the Komodo. Maybe it could have an adjustable viewfinder that allows for it to be locked in an tilted upright position away from any battery plate. And, you could use you phone to control the camera's functions with the Red remote App so you wouldn't have to remove the loupe everytime you needed to make settings changes on the built-in screen, but then wouldn't you have to make sure you phone was powered for as long as the camera's on-board battery lasted.

Edit,

You could modify the viewfinder and have the loupe have a some type of hinge(Black line) to flip it to the left or right so that you could make settings changes on the built-in screen, then flip it back again.

Last edited by rand thompson; 12-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Red Komodo 6K Cinematic Golden Hour test (Excuse the Grade)

I saw this video that made the skintones look a little too green, and i'm not blaming the poster of the video, but I thought it gives the wrong impression of the capabilities of the Komodo's sensor.

By
    Flixoto _

Before

After

Last edited by rand thompson; 12-22-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Bjorn,

Wouldn't that Loupe get in the way of any V-mount or Gold-Mount battery plate solution for the Komodo. Maybe it could have an adjustable viewfinder that allows for it to be locked in an tilted upright position away from any battery plate. And, you could use you phone to control the camera's functions with the Red remote App so you wouldn't have to remove the loupe everytime you needed to make settings changes on the built-in screen, but then wouldn't you have to make sure you phone was powered for as long as the camera's on-board battery lasted.

Edit,

You could modify the viewfinder and have the loupe have a some type of hinge(Black line) to flip it to the left or right so that you could make settings changes on the built-in screen, then flip it back again.

If using it as a viewfinder camera then to me 2 small canon batteries would work really well. Dont want s big v lock back there as it would get heavy and also up in the face. With the phone in the case infront yiu dont really need the onboard monitor for adjusting settings its actally easier on the phone. And then yes its also easy to make it with a hinch so it flipps to the sideso one can touch the screen.

I think best to keep the viewfinder with 45 deg mirror so one can look forward,nice to be able to look also with the other ete and not looking down while filming... but yes then the iphone screen is a bit in the way so inportant also to be able to use the camera with only the loupe / no iphone.

I think for most times the iphone and onboard screen works well but when really bright a loupe is great.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    If using it as a viewfinder camera then to me 2 small canon batteries would work really well. Dont want s big v lock back there as it would get heavy and also up in the face. With the phone in the case infront yiu dont really need the onboard monitor for adjusting settings its actally easier on the phone. And then yes its also easy to make it with a hinch so it flipps to the sideso one can touch the screen.

I think best to keep the viewfinder with 45 deg mirror so one can look forward,nice to be able to look also with the other ete and not looking down while filming... but yes then the iphone screen is a bit in the way so inportant also to be able to use the camera with only the loupe / no iphone.

I think for most times the iphone and onboard screen works well but when really bright a loupe is great.
    Thanks for helping me better understand your reasoning behind your design. As you stated, if you will be using the Komodo with this, you probably would want to use the Canon 955 and 975 batteries instead of any V or Gold mount battery plate solution.