Thread: GROUP BUY: Hive 200-C

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Farokhzad View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing this light, would love to get any feedback from those who got their units and have put the light through its paces.
    Picked up a couple before the GB and have 3X 100-Cs as well.

The 200-Cs are pretty nice. Decent output. Their strength is their size and weight. These are nice and compact. Color quality is decent. Light quality is as well. You can get a reasonably hard shadow with the bare bulb, not as crisp as an actual bulb, but it's one of the best for this style of light.

I somewhat loathe Profoto's QR ring thing, but I'm deadly familiar with it over the years and I attach most things via that ring from softboxes to fresnels. For anything heavier than a small to mid-sized softbox you'll need to really crank on the kip handle to lock it, but that's to be expected.

Controls are nicely thought out. Push in on the button for finer or courser adjustments.

Overall pretty nice. If I did it all again I'd actually make my kit all 200-Cs just for that beefier output.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Picked up a couple before the GB and have 3X 100-Cs as well.

The 200-Cs are pretty nice. Decent output. Their strength is their size and weight. These are nice and compact. Color quality is decent. Light quality is as well. You can get a reasonably hard shadow with the bare bulb, not as crisp as an actual bulb, but it's one of the best for this style of light.

I somewhat loathe Profoto's QR ring thing, but I'm deadly familiar with it over the years and I attach most things via that ring from softboxes to fresnels. For anything heavier than a small to mid-sized softbox you'll need to really crank on the kip handle to lock it, but that's to be expected.

Controls are nicely thought out. Push in on the button for finer or courser adjustments.

Overall pretty nice. If I did it all again I'd actually make my kit all 200-Cs just for that beefier output.
    Thank you for the input Phil, much appreciated.

Has anyone found a way to do tint control on this? The only thing I could figure out was to dial up a green hue and bring the saturation way down. I don’t think the manual mentions tint at all.

4. #184 Is there any possibility of the group buy happening again? 
    Is there any possibility of the group buy happening again?

I'd be interested in a new round as well. :)

Any update to when these are shipping out?

From Brittany Che at Abel just now:

This is the current information that HIVE passed on to us today. "We still have not had another group of 200-Cs ready to ship. We hope to have units ready by next week. Apologies again for the delays on the 200-C units. We're happy to keep shipping accessories, but I've been holding them to ship along with each 200-C customer order."

Fingers crossed for next week. Have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Edward Miller View Post
    We assume that by the week of the 15th we will have or be in the process of shipping most if not all of the units for the RedUser fulfillment along with backorders for other dealers etc.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I will of course keep you up to date if timelines shift but fulfillment should pick up rapidly after next week.

Cheers,

Jon
    Sooooo... I'm still waiting for this order to be fulfilled by HIVE.

I got this back from Hive via Abel on 12/13:

“We've been told that our sub-manufacturer’s laser cutter broke multiple times over the months since the group buy. This pushed back delivery of all items including the fresnel accessory.

This month, our sub-manufacturer for the C-Series LED Lights moved locations down the street. (Our LED lights are partially manufactured in Northern CA) This has largely been a great transition, however, the lights we planned to ship this month were unable to pass QC.

We've remedied both of the above issues and fully plan to ship your order complete this month.”

We will of course keep you updated as anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Nusbaum View Post
    Sooooo... I'm still waiting for this order to be fulfilled by HIVE.

An update - I got mine early December with the PAR reflector. Can't wait to try it out on a shoot in January!
    Video Producer
    Skillen & Co.