Thread: GROUP BUY: Hive 200-C

Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Any update?
    "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible." -MC Escher

AbelCine advised that bulk orders should be sent to them this week for distribution to GB participants. Unsure about the accessories.

I do hope it happens soon, tying ones cash up for two months is disheartening especially when jobs are present where these lights can be effective.

Matt

Due to the long delays and lack of any response from Hive I have cancelled my order. AbleCine issued a refund within minutes of my request, very professional.

I checked in on my order on Abelís site today and it looks like it got shipped out yesterday. I didnít get any delivery notifications, which is unusual. But it looks like they are starting to go out. I placed my order on Sep 11.

I got mine!! I just unboxed it, haven't even fired it up yet, all my accessories were packaged inside the main box.

I realize I need to also order the adapter to allow me to connect the pull pin battery plate to the mafer clamp, since trying to bolt two v mounts to the head is going to make this too top heavy. Where do I find the adapter to mafer?

Oh, just saw the IG video and it looks like I just need to figure out what screws to use to convert the battery bracket to be direct to a mafer instead. What would be rad would be some bracket that would connect to a single mafer but then go out like a big T shape to enable the plates to clip on using the same system as the yoke.

Hey there, if anyone is looking to sell their GB orders, shoot me a PM. I’m looking to buy one or two of these.

Thanks,
    JJ

Abelcine today says:
    HIVE is now saying that they expect to start shipping more orders mid-week. Again, they have been vague on if they can fulfill the rest of the orders. We are hoping to have more info by the end of this week/beginning of next week
    Over 2 months since close of GB and it'll still be a few weeks once Abel receives the shipment then ships it to us...
    Video Producer
    Skillen & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Skillen View Post
    Abelcine today says:

Over 2 months since close of GB and it'll still be a few weeks once Abel receives the shipment then ships it to us...
    2 months is rough to hand out your money then wait, but think you'll be surprised at how well it was worth the wait. We've been using these as our primary lights for the past few months. Powerful amazingly versatile little lights.

I am thinking of purchasing this light, would love to get any feedback from those who got their units and have put the light through its paces.