Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    ... The pre order book is what allowed the project to move forward. Would it be too much to ask at this point for 10% of the company to be allocated to the prebuyers/investors and divided equally? Normally when I invest in things I like a little equity. I'm assuming between 1 and 5 mil was raised on the pre-sale...
    One to 5 million? Jim could probably switch to regular jet fuel from Premium and save that much in one year's time on fuel costs for his private Jet. And I doubt if 100 million would touch the investment he's made in the Hydrogen so far.

Whenever I think I could have parked that money in crypto and it would be worth over $20k now.....................
    With 20/20 hindsight I could be a billionaire like Jim. Well, not like Jim as he puts sweat equity into creating his wealth. With the hindsight thingy, I would just be getting wealthy on the sweat equity of others, unless I bought crypto currency that is... then I would be getting wealthy on the past, current, and future losses of others.
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

First of all there is no such thing as premium jet fuel and the best way to buy it cheaper is to buy a fuel truck and go to the rack in El Segundo and get it for less then $2 per gal, I just bought 20k gals last week so I know the cost.

Haha $100 mil. Dewey are you crazy? We don't know the Leia deal of course but they were floundering around for years burning through their A and B rounds and I suspect needed a Jim way more then Jim needed them and if this project is successful will benefit them the most. I assume this phone will cost about the same to make as most premium smart phones which is about $250 although the metal cases are going to add cost in materials, tooling, assembly and probably even shipping. I suspect V2 will lose the auto stereo and concentrate on being the high quality acquisition phone as that seems like what people most want from this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    First of all there is no such thing as premium jet fuel and the best way to buy it cheaper is to buy a fuel truck and go to the rack in El Segundo and get it for less then $2 per gal, I just bought 20k gals last week so I know the cost.

Haha $100 mil. Dewey are you crazy? We don't know the Leia deal of course but they were floundering around for years burning through their A and B rounds and I suspect needed a Jim way more then Jim needed them and if this project is successful will benefit them the most. I assume this phone will cost about the same to make as most premium smart phones which is about $250 although the metal cases are going to add cost in materials, tooling, assembly and probably even shipping. I suspect V2 will lose the auto stereo and concentrate on being the high quality acquisition phone as that seems like what people most want from this program.
    Heh, Didn't know that about the Jet fuel when I made that off-the-cuff remark.

But otherwise, I'm just going to quote this post so it doesn't go away when in a short time the Hydrogen is released (as Houdini first?) and your Hydrogen comments prove inaccurate. '-)
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

For anyone who still cares, especially the poor guys outside the US, there is no indication from Red when you will be able to get your Hydrogen. They plan to ship Hydrogen inside the US in August, but everyone else has to wait longer.

It took 6 emails and about a week to get that information from the Red Hydrogen "support". Shame on you Red Hydrogen team, your "support" team is highly inefficient. I had to ask for this info 3 times, they could have answered my question from my first mail and be done with it and move on to service other customers. Clearly the guy did either not read my email carefully or did not give a fuck.

Either way I find it alarming, I have finally cancelled my pre-order, no reason to keep it as us guys outside the US won't get any benefit from pre-ordering anymore (i.e. waiting longer than everyone else). The single reason I pre-ordered it is to get it on launch day! Clean your house Jim, this is not cool, you may wanna interview your staff more carefully next time.
    Scarlet #2986 "Annika" for hire in Hong Kong / Asia / happy to travel anywhere!
    www.kinomagic.net
    Film production - Cinematography - Directing - Editing
    CINEMATOGRAPHY SHOWREEL

On another happy note, it looks like Hydrogens may start shipping to those who they can legally ship to, in just a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    For anyone complaining about the information source (email or forum announcements) think back to how you found out about the Hydrogen One in the first place.
    I got an email about it.
    Anglo-American DP, shooting docs and branded content in LA.

tomdowler.com
    longhaulfilms.com
    lettinggoofadele.com
    restartingthemotorcity.com

Quote Originally Posted by H Dewey View Post
    On another happy note, it looks like Hydrogens may start shipping to those who they can legally ship to, in just a few more weeks.

Where did u hear this from? Just curious.

Last I heard everything was on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Bakewell View Post
    Where did u hear this from? Just curious.

Last I heard everything was on hold.
    There was a post on h4vuser by a member who contacted Hydrogen support and this was hinted at (strongly) for an August release.

There is also a website press release by AT&T that they will be shipping Hydrogens in the fall. That of course leaves them some leeway, but with the pre-order Hydrogens shipping ~ a month before launch and Houdinis shipping well before pre-order Hydrogens, that suggests the August Houdinis could be accurate.

Sounds like the new part is passing muster but we haven't heard that specifically from Jim. Maybe it has and they are in manufacturing mode soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Oberdorfer View Post
    For anyone who still cares, especially the poor guys outside the US, there is no indication from Red when you will be able to get your Hydrogen. They plan to ship Hydrogen inside the US in August, but everyone else has to wait longer.
    Marc, you've made your displeasure well known that you do not like not getting shipped at the same time as US pre-orders of type. What would you have Jim do, knowing that he cannot legally ship overseas orders at the same time? Hold all U.S. orders until they can all ship together? If your aim was to cripple U.S. orders so you can receive yours at the same time then...

It took 6 emails and about a week to get that information from the Red Hydrogen "support". Shame on you Red Hydrogen team, your "support" team is highly inefficient. I had to ask for this info 3 times, they could have answered my question from my first mail and be done with it and move on to service other customers. Clearly the guy did either not read my email carefully or did not give a fuck.
    I'm going to take a shot at this one being the guy identified you as having a bad attitude. '-)

Either way I find it alarming, I have finally cancelled my pre-order, no reason to keep it as us guys outside the US won't get any benefit from pre-ordering anymore (i.e. waiting longer than everyone else). The single reason I pre-ordered it is to get it on launch day! Clean your house Jim, this is not cool, you may wanna interview your staff more carefully next time.
    Well, you could have had it ~ a month before launch... and you could have benefited from Jim's future goodwill (not a promise, just a guess) toward those who believed in him and cut him some slack as he changes the definition of Smart Phone into Intelligent Media Machine.

As far as new staff goes, everyone who has had contact with them on h4vuser.net seems quite satisfied with Hydrogen Support. For whatever reason and which side bears responsibility, your mileage obviously was varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dowler View Post
    I got an email about it.
    Heh, those of us who followed Jim's mystery thread got wind of something a couple of years earlier. One guy actually found the patent filings that turned out to be accurate at least a year before Jim told us what the mystery was.