Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dowler View Post
    They already replied - all good.
    Good to hear that worked out! :)

Thanks for the nice photos, Phil!!!

It is sad to hear that for whatever reason a fellow REDuser may want to give up their pre-order but at the same time, I know there will be many willing to pick it up!

REDuser is how the greater number of Day 0 pre-orders were placed and since no advertising was made, it would make sense to check out now and then in the forums for an update.
    That's how Red always worked for me and that openness is what makes it different to other companies.

Now, H4Vuser is part of the family!

We all get to do some legwork for the things that interest us. Let's meet in the middle. :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 ||| Komodo-ST #84 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Is the new model Houdini going to have the new snapdragon? Can we change our orders to the new model? I heard the company is restructuring will our orders from a year ago still come first or will new Houdini orders get priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Bakewell View Post
    Hey Marc

No we are not. There has been a delay due to certifications complications.

Check out the h4vuser.net site to keep updated.
    It would be nice to get an email from Red about this. That's the very least and there is no excuse. If you promise to deliver a product at a certain point in time that's one matter but then not notifying your customers is another.

We can't be expected to scavenge the internet for information, I didn't even know there is a new website for this, I'm actually working most of the time and not killing time on the net procrastinating. Not all of us keep checkig Reduser for updates and it shouldn't be a customers responsibility to find out about this stuff by themselves! So... off to the site to check the info.... Jim wrote....

A. We will ship you a special pre-release HYDROGEN One called “Houdini”. It will be a PVT version. There will be software updates before release. It will pass certification and be available at least a month before the carrier launch. I’ll share updates regarding the fix as soon as I get the info.

“Houdini” will come with an additional 128GB micro SD card for the external slot. It will be an unlocked phone.

It will come with complete release packaging plus an extra metal HYDROGEN icon sticker. If you have interest, I will happily sign the box. I’ll also set aside two days to deliver your HYDROGEN personally at RED Studios. These units can only be picked up or shipped to customers inside the US.

The Houdini model will come with an extended warranty at no charge. One year longer than normal. This will be the only “Houdini” Model ever released.
    1. Ok for compensating the delay and us one year waiting pre-order nerds with an extra memory card and extra year of warranty....

2. Outrageously for US customers only!!?? ! ! ? What is this all about? To me that's a slap in my face and everyone else who has put down money blindly one year ago.

So in the end I put down my money, wait longer and get no compensation as others in the States do... how is this fair? You guys know that you'll piss everyone else outside of the US off with that policy... in the end it means I'll have to wait until anyone else can get a Hydrogen from a carrier and I'm not even get any benefit for pre-ordering at day 1?!

As Jim states they're contacting pre-order customers I'll wait for that because I have not received anything yet. If Red really cares about their customers they'll work out a fair solution which is the same for everyone who pre-ordered, I do not need to shoot Red. I choose to because I was satisfied so far but this is going in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by Marc Oberdorfer; 07-11-2018 at 02:30 AM.
    Scarlet #2986 "Annika" for hire in Hong Kong / Asia / happy to travel anywhere!
    www.kinomagic.net
    Film production - Cinematography - Directing - Editing
    CINEMATOGRAPHY SHOWREEL

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dowler View Post
    I think you missed my point. I was fine with the sneak peak hardware being underwhelming. I was fine with the delays.

It's just the complete lack of communication which pisses me off. And posting on your own forum and expecting people to find it is not something ANY company with any sense of customer service does.

When there are delays (which are to be expected) you get ahead of it by communicating DIRECTLY to your customers. Not posting vague, open-to-intrepretation messages on your own forum.
    What Tom says is 100% on point! I have run a trading company for two decades and the one thing I know is not notifying your customers about a delay is the worst thing you can do. A seller / company has to be proactive, at the end of the day any companies business is at the mercy of its customers.
    www.kinomagic.net
    CINEMATOGRAPHY SHOWREEL

Something else that I and certainly everyone else is burning to know... what are the specs for 2D video, codecs etc?

H4V will be great and new and all that no question but I'm definitely interested in shooting commercial work in 2D and want to see what that will be like... I would like to think that so short before release (remember release was supposed this month) this should have been finalised... and the delay is because of a certification issue only for that matter... why can't we get at least specs... more info... again all boils down to lack of information. This is very frustrating.
    www.kinomagic.net
    CINEMATOGRAPHY SHOWREEL

You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Red has made it very easy to find the latest info. You dont have to read all the threads to know whats happening. Your inability to quickly browse or look up Jim’s posts, which is the same as searching email and way better than facebook, is not Red’s fault. I for one like the current method. I get way too many daily crap emails as it is and stopped using fb altogether. As for specs, we have a good idea. Jim and others have stated that the specs cant be released for competitive reasons. That makes sense when you still have certification and other issues to sort out. You can opt out of pre-order and grab one they mass release it. You’ll have all the specs you want then :)

I feel the apple iphone is tired and am frustrated with that design and exo system. The rest of android phones dont appeal to me as they look and feel cheap. Hydrogen is a solution Im very interested in. It was worth it for me to pre-order. You have the right to wait for it to be released and see for yourself if you want it. Getting mad that someone offers a pre-order that doesnt meet YOUR requirements is idiotic. The preorders were discussed via the RedUser threads and further info and updates has come via those threads. Not happy, cancel and move on. Complaining about it “publicly” here by saying Red is incompetent and calling it a cult is dumb. So many better uses of your and our time!

Red Team - thanks for these forums and keeping us up-to-date with the pre-order process. These guys dont represent the rest of us!!!
    Last edited by Brandon Klock; 07-11-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Anyone that can give a brief update. I got 5 orders and live outside of the US. What is the options? Cancel the orders or wait? Wait until when? Any new set date for delivery?

As I understand the company delivering has changed, who is the owner / owner of that company?
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    Monstro & Komodo

All these complaints make me laugh, because they were aired on h4vuser.net ages ago. You were doing fine in the "ignorance is bliss" state until just a few days ago... and Jim said he is going to email everyone with a pre-order, outlining their options vis a vis Houdini after certification.

If you were content before, go back to your comfort zone and forget about your pre-order. Jim will tell you what you need to know when you need to know it.

If you prefer to be up to date or wish you had gotten in on the pre-order, I suggest you join h4vuser get the latest updates as they become available.
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Anyone that can give a brief update. I got 5 orders and live outside of the US. What is the options? Cancel the orders or wait? Wait until when? Any new set date for delivery?

As I understand the company delivering has changed, who is the owner / owner of that company?

Björn, join h4vuser and read through some of the threads. All your questions have already been answered.

I've got 12 orders, and I want to stay up to the minute on everything to be known. h4vuser does that for me. Oh, and there is a lot of BS just like REDuser in the early days, but there are some very knowledgeable people about the smartphone process of construction and operation.

In fact, it does remind me of the early days on REDuser when it was more like a family rather than just a business site. I like that déjà vu feeling.
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Klock View Post
    calling it a cult is dumb.
    It it walks like a cult, looks like a cult and reflexively posts knee-jerk posts in defense of the supreme leader no matter what he does like a cult....

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Klock View Post
    These guys dont represent the rest of us!!!
    Happy not to be representative. I don't even own a pair of board shorts and have never once worn a pair of oakleys on the back of my head ;)
    Anglo-American DP, shooting docs and branded content in LA.

tomdowler.com
    longhaulfilms.com
    lettinggoofadele.com
    restartingthemotorcity.com