Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Britain leaving EU market - Red plans?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Britain leaving EU market - Red plans? 
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    So, because of Brexit, it's now announced that Britain will leave the EU market. This means that the preferable store for EU nations shopping Red gear in UK isn't going to be preferable anymore. We need a new shop to buy Red gear that's within the EU market instead. Earlier we had Red Berlin, but that shop is closed now. I would suggest that Red opens a shop through a EU member country and re-direct the english shop through that. There's no reason for any of us in the other regions of EU to shop through Britain after their exit from the market.

This issue was discussed before, but now it's stated that it's going to happen so I think Red seriously need to adress this. Buying from Britain from another EU country will be like buying from US, there will be no benefits at all. We need a EU shop set up and those plans need to be drawn out now.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Christoffer,

We have a very connected dealer network in Europe: http://www.red.com/locations/authorized-dealers/europe

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    So, because of Brexit, it's now announced that Britain will leave the EU market. This means that the preferable store for EU nations shopping Red gear in UK isn't going to be preferable anymore. We need a new shop to buy Red gear that's within the EU market instead. Earlier we had Red Berlin, but that shop is closed now. I would suggest that Red opens a shop through a EU member country and re-direct the english shop through that. There's no reason for any of us in the other regions of EU to shop through Britain after their exit from the market.

This issue was discussed before, but now it's stated that it's going to happen so I think Red seriously need to adress this. Buying from Britain from another EU country will be like buying from US, there will be no benefits at all. We need a EU shop set up and those plans need to be drawn out now.
    Michael Keegan
    Manager | Partner Outreach
    Post Partnerships & Integration @ Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk@RED View Post
    Christoffer,

We have a very connected dealer network in Europe: http://www.red.com/locations/authorized-dealers/europe
    I think the point that Christoffer is trying to make is RED is calling it's UK branch RED Europe, if UK leaves the EU it can't be RED Europe anymore, it should turn to RED UK, then the question is: Where RED Europe will be? Or you're saying it makes no difference?
    Oron Cohen
    Scarlet-W
    www.oroncohen.com

I've been saying this since the very beginning of the Red Europe implementation in London. Red never listened, they'll learn it the hard way, as usual ;-)

I've always been an advocate of a true European Center in Germany : Germans have a great history in cinema gear, they speak English fluently, their professional mentality is similar to the American one, their location is in the middle of Europe, taking into account that the future of Europe is East. And Russians will be able to buy from Germany too, because this country has good international relationships with them. So, what Red is waiting for ?

;-)

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by Oron Cohen View Post
    I think the point that Christoffer is trying to make is RED is calling it's UK branch RED Europe, if UK leaves the EU it can't be RED Europe anymore
    Technically it would be ok as they are leaving the EU, not Europe.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visar Sulejmani View Post
    Technically it would be ok as they are leaving the EU, not Europe.
    Technically, but not in terms of business. If we are to have a store online that covers EU, it can't be located from Britain, since we cannot have the free market deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelk@RED View Post
    Christoffer,

Not as the online store and dealing with reps. A store that is authorized is not the same thing as having an online store and communication directly with their offices for warranty or problems.
    What if I'm having a problem with my camera and contact my rep and he tells me to send in my camera. Within EU it's as easy as sending my camera to somewhere in my own country, but sending it to UK will feature either additional costs or the hassle with customs.

We need an online store and bomb rep service that covers EU, because UK will only be UK very soon.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Technically, but not in terms of business. If we are to have a store online that covers EU, it can't be located from Britain, since we cannot have the free market deal with them.

Not as the online store and dealing with reps. A store that is authorized is not the same thing as having an online store and communication directly with their offices for warranty or problems.
    What if I'm having a problem with my camera and contact my rep and he tells me to send in my camera. Within EU it's as easy as sending my camera to somewhere in my own country, but sending it to UK will feature either additional costs or the hassle with customs.

We need an online store and bomb rep service that covers EU, because UK will only be UK very soon.
    yep, +1
    AMULIO JOSÉ ESPINOSA
    http://www.fearlesspinecone.com
    HELSINKI, FINLAND
    http://www.amulio.com
    RED EPIC DRAGON "STINA" # 1788
    RED EPIC-W "SAGA" #4081

Agree 100%. I was wondering how RED is planning to handle that. An not only RED, but CVP and Amazon as well, as I order quite a bit from the UK.

It sure would be nice if RED would post an Update on their future plans of how they plan to handle this.

Senior Member Robert Gustafsson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Stewart View Post
    I've always been an advocate of a true European Center in Germany : Germans have a great history in cinema gear, they speak English fluently, their professional mentality is similar to the American one, their location is in the middle of Europe, taking into account that the future of Europe is East. And Russians will be able to buy from Germany too, because this country has good international relationships with them. So, what Red is waiting for ?

;-)

Kristin

+1 and 1!
    RED DSMC2 Helium #1939
    http://treborian.com

In production: http://radiusthemovie.com

Nobody has the first clue how the nonsense half our country has landed us in will play out yet, (familiar feeling anyone?), but making sweeping changes based on guesswork isn't good business.

I would assume Red work on that basis, even if the UK government doesn't.
    KipperTie - Authorised RED Rental, Pinewood Studios, UK
    Ready to hire: Monstro 8K VV | Gemini 5K | Helium Monochrome 8K
    Check out our Revolva ND solution, OLPFs and other products