Thread: Anyone use a Tilta DSMC2 cage?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone use a Tilta DSMC2 cage? 
    I ordered a T01-C cage and I found it its not Red certified. It uses the Red base expander, but the top plate has Pogo pass through, 2/3 pin power, EVF Lemo and SDI In/Out.

I spoke with Keslow Camera in LA and the tech says that a bunch of their Weapons use that cage and they never had any issues.

Even though they are Red certified, if they are used all the time at Keslow, being renting out on huge jobs, they should be fine - yeah?

Thoughts, concerns?

I was also looking at the Tilta cage with the XLR inputs. I think that one retails for $2,999. I've seen it in person at the NAB 2016. It's gorgeous and seems to be durable and functioning flawlessly. It seems durable and built for pros.
    I ended up going with OMOD XLR, for its superior audio capabilities. Although, I'm still considering purchasing just the Tilta top plate. I hope this helps.
    Epic-W "Bronn"

They are really beautiful cages.... Keslow does have the first versions and they are on a few shows. Tilta was having some supply issues with some circuit boards but are catching up. They are very serious about quality control and so are a little behind.

I should have mine in a week or so and will report.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    They are really beautiful cages.... Keslow does have the first versions and they are on a few shows. Tilta was having some supply issues with some circuit boards but are catching up. They are very serious about quality control and so are a little behind.

I should have mine in a week or so and will report.
    Thank you Peter. I should get mine tomorrow or Friday. It was delayed about 2 weeks because of QC issues and I got a brand new model fresh off the line. I hope mine works out but I'm looking forward to your review.

Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    We became some weekds ago a dealer for Tilta. So far our clients love their products (especially the Gravity & Armorman).

We should get two Tilta Weapon/Scarlet-W/Raven Rig ESR-T01-A soon. The nice thing about the ESR-T01-A and ESR-T01-B is that you don't need RED's base expander. If anyone wants to purchase one in Germany / Europe, give me a call and I make a special REDuser discount for them.
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de

David, I'd be interested in their pogo cable. Do you know if/when is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco View Post
    I contacted Tilta and will write you as soon as they reply concerning the availability. There are three Pogo adapters:

Pogo extension cable(60cm) (REL-02)
    Pogo LEMO adapter (REL-03)
    Pogo to LEMO cable (REL-04)

www.glaswerk-optics.de

Quote Originally Posted by Alvise Tedesco View Post
    The Pogo cable is ready to ship at Tilta.

www.glaswerk-optics.de

I wanted the ESR-T01-A ($2,599.00) and would have purchased it last week if it were available. I inquired about the release date and was told possibly end of the year. I am not able to wait that long for the rig, so I went with Wooden Camera accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Paul Miller View Post
    I wanted the ESR-T01-A ($2,599.00) and would have purchased it last week if it were available. I inquired about the release date and was told possibly end of the year. I am not able to wait that long for the rig, so I went with Wooden Camera accessories.
    There's at least 15 of them readily available on eBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TILTA-ESR-T0...sAAOSwMgdXz4Fe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TILTA-ESR-T0...MAAOSwRGlXptfa