Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: New DSMC2 Side Handle Not Working

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New DSMC2 Side Handle Not Working 
    Just received my Scarlet-W and accessories today. Could not be more excited!

I assembled everything and fired it up. So far the DSMC2 Side Handle is not interacting with the camera at all. It does not appear in the list of modules in the Attached Modules Menu.

Firmware is 6.3.47.

So far I have:

- Powered on and off several times.

- Reset the Hardware Rediscovery and rebooted.

- Removed the Side Handle, powered on, powered down, reinstalled Side Handle.

No luck. Not sure what to do at this point.

I've submitted a ticked to RED, and they had me reinstall the latest firmware. So far that has not activated the side handle.

Just in case anymore runs across this...RED was awesome. They quickly identified the problem and are sending me a new side handle. Great customer service!

Same here! Received the Sidehandle, not working at all. Sent it to RED UK (it took over two weeks) for repair. After it came back the navigation wheel and Enter Button was not working. It also completely stopped working two times. After reboot it was back again. Sigma 18-35 focusing gets stuck at infinity. Now I'm waiting already for four days to get a fedex shipping label. It's so frustrating to interact with RED UK.
    Epic-x Dragon #03731

Thanx for your answer antony!
    They already installed a new firmware (must have been a huuuuuge firmware as it took two weeks ;). Then it worked, more or less. But as I said, not all the time, not with every lens and the thumb-navigation wheel is totally dead. I already tried hardware discovery, firmware flash, lens off/on/off/on/off..... nothing helped. No idea what is in the camera-log?! as said above, communication is, somewhat, frustrating.
    I now wrote a mail to RED headquarter and RED Uk (not my representative). I'm with red since One M and love them. But atm service is gruesome (many other things that don't work as they should)
    Epic-x Dragon #03731

Sometimes my sidehandle is not recognized. I sent to Red and they said they fix it...but sometime I need to reboot the camera to male it work. Strange things I nitice are: when the camera is just turned on (cold) the handle is not recognized then if Inturn off (after get the temperature) and on again it work. Also oftne happen with the Canon Lens 35mm 2.2 any advice? Other than that the camera works great.

i'm having a similar problem

first it was not being recognised on every cycle red suggested a hardest which seemed to fix the problem but now the aperture dial has stoped working

did you guys sort this out?
    SCARLET-W
    DocuMovie UK LONDON

I ended up sending mine back to RED. It turned out to be faulty, so they sent me a new one.

just got a RMA so finger crossed its that simple

just really odd that it was working with intermit power up problems

then after a reset boots fine but the iris stops working
    SCARLET-W
    DocuMovie UK LONDON

I changed two side handles, we checked the log and the camera is good, but the side handle is still not always recognized. The guys from red europe told me that is 100% firmware problem, hope they will fix this in the new one, when will be officially released.