Thread: Photo printers?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Photo printers? 
    Hey all- been a long time since I bought a photo printer for the home/office. Not big commercial stuff, but nice for snapshots/family/proofs, etc. Who's good these days? Canon, Epson, HP? Anyone else? THANKS!
    Paul Lee

Canon Pixima Pro-100, they tend to go on sale frequently and pop up on craigslist for around $100.

I have a Canon Pro-10 and it's amazing, although it guzzles way more ink than it should and it prints very slow. It replaced an older Canon i9900, which was a way faster and more user-friendly printer with nearly the same quality (and equal/ better to what you get from the in-store ink jets at the "photo" labs). The Pro-10 surpasses anything I've had done at a pro photo place other than some seriously good hand-done emulsive transfers. But it takes 10 ink cartridges that are expensive and don't hold much. Over the years I've had the best luck with Canon for photo prints with Epson running a close second. HP is just OK, but are better for documents and general use than the Canon printers. I like Canon's pigment inks and they're also good for printing on fabrics or certain photo papers where you might need to get them wet.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Thanks Jules and Jeff- sounds like Canon is still the way to go. My first photo printer was the i900d and I drove that little thing till the wheels fell off. Pro-10 or 100 it is!
    Paul Lee

The whole time that I have printers I am using HP and I should say that it is really okay

HP is a very reliable printer. Before, I had tried Brother but it's not really for my liking.

I don't recommend Brother. The quality of photos in HP is incomparable.

I personally love the quality coming off a Dye-Sub printer like this:

https://amzn.to/2Qzdebk

8” x X” size prints.

I use one like this to print family photos and the kids love it

https://amzn.to/3v75b4v