Thread: Upgraded Dragon Firmware to 6.0.23 and now have EF lens communication problems

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Upgraded Dragon Firmware to 6.0.23 and now have EF lens communication problems 
    The upgrade to firmware 6.0.23 killed any communication with my Canon 70-200 ISM II lens. Can't set aperture! Tried powering down and reattaching lens a few times. Lens still works great on my Canon t2i camera.

With other lenses: Communication with Dragon seems to work for a while with my Sigma 18-35... but then says N/A for F Stop if you mess around with aperture too much. Not sure if this loss of communication was possible before. Same thing happens with my Tokina 11-16.

Is anyone else experiencing this and know any solution?
    Last edited by Michael Gyori; 07-20-2015 at 01:59 AM.
    www.sandcastlepictures.com
    Epic-Dragon #6585
    Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 II

I have the same issues, and as far as I have understood, these issues are confirmed by RED in the current build.

Th 70-200 2.8 does usually show up with the f-stop initially on my side, but after 5 minutes or so, the aperture control leaves the building...

Yes, many people including myself. Went back to an older firmware.
    Komodo
    Brian Pascale

Thanks guys. Downgraded to 5.3.42 and everything is back to normal. I was worried that this upgrade was a one-way ticket. BTW, where does Red acknowledge bugs in builds?... So I can look there next time.
    www.sandcastlepictures.com
    Epic-Dragon #6585
    Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gyori View Post
    The upgrade to firmware 6.0.23 killed any communication with my Canon 70-200 ISM II lens. Can't set aperture! Tried powering down and reattaching lens a few times. Lens still works great on my Canon t2i camera.

With other lenses: Communication with Dragon seems to work for a while with my Sigma 18-35... but then says N/A for F Stop if you mess around with aperture too much. Not sure if this loss of communication was possible before. Same thing happens with my Tokina 11-16.

Is anyone else experiencing this and know any solution?
    It's definitely an issue. I had to use this lens the other day, and popped it onto a 5D to set aperture, took the lens off and then put it on my camera.

Yup. Might want to downgrade for now. In the past the Sigma 18-35 had an issue and putting a different lens on, then swaping it back on got it working again.
    EPIC-W #8574 ROCKWELL
    Mac House Productions

Hi guys, I had the same issues with 6.0.23 but still used it for three days, till it got to complicated to deal with. Reverted to 5.3.42 but then a couple days ago came 6.0.28 which fixes these communication issues. I installed and have tried it successfully. Seems like the communication problems have been dealt with. Give it a try guys and assess for yourselves. These are the lenses I have tested with so far, and all good:
    Tokina 11-16mm
    Canon 24-105
    Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS USM II
    Canon 2x Miii with the 70-200

Stabilisation working, and AF working

cheers
    www.joanpoggio.com
    Epic Dragon 7550
    Black Komodo
    Nairobi-Kenya

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Poggio View Post
    Hi guys, I had the same issues with 6.0.23 but still used it for three days, till it got to complicated to deal with. Reverted to 5.3.42 but then a couple days ago came 6.0.28 which fixes these communication issues. I installed and have tried it successfully. Seems like the communication problems have been dealt with. Give it a try guys and assess for yourselves. These are the lenses I have tested with so far, and all good:
    Tokina 11-16mm
    Canon 24-105
    Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS USM II
    Canon 2x Miii with the 70-200

Stabilisation working, and AF working

cheers

So there is a new build?

Yes you should have received a notification about 6.0.28 a few days ago

What I don't understand is how bugs like this can get through, the Canon 70- 200 is such a common lens
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM