Thread: Premiere Pro CC Rendering incredibly slow, almost impossibly slow

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Want to add that I have rendering problems with premiere 2015 too.

When Rendering to "Black magic avi file, uncompressed 10-bit yuv" i get the "Error compiling movie. Uknown error" message.
    The same goes for Animation, dnxHD and h264. All giving me the error message in premiere 2015.

But I can send it to AME and write it out in "Black magic avi file, uncompressed 10-bit yuv"
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

but pp is basically a dream of an editor to replace fcp7. if you do offline workflows it still isn't really even close...

I switched from Sony Vegas to Premiere over a year ago to leave the growing bugginess in Vegas... Premiere started far more solid (than Vegas), but the last two CC releases have been worse and worse. I haven't 'upgraded' to the 2015 release yet, as my current projects are working fine with my current version.

Whenever I encounter problems with Premiere, I usually try two things. First, disable the GPU and use 'software only' rendering. That usually solves the infamous unknown error during render bug. If extreme unusual slowness is the problem, a reboot will often solve it. Your machine can certainly handle Epic and Dragon footage.
    www.sandcastlepictures.com
    Epic-Dragon #6585
    Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Sigma 18-35mm 1.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 II

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gyori View Post
    I switched from Sony Vegas to Premiere over a year ago to leave the growing bugginess in Vegas... Premiere started far more solid (than Vegas), but the last two CC releases have been worse and worse. I haven't 'upgraded' to the 2015 release yet, as my current projects are working fine with my current version.

Whenever I encounter problems with Premiere, I usually try two things. First, disable the GPU and use 'software only' rendering. That usually solves the infamous unknown error during render bug. If extreme unusual slowness is the problem, a reboot will often solve it. Your machine can certainly handle Epic and Dragon footage.

My trick is to render previews. Use gpu accelerated. When the render crash it will tell you where the problem is. Usually :)

Just wanted wine about how much work there is to render out now days with premiere 2015.2 compaired to 2014. I wish I could still render directly from premiere, but its a no go. If an render goes super slow in AME, it helps to restart the workstation...but Im never close to using 90% of the cpus! Its camping 20-30%. I think, if 50% is the best i can go if everything is just clips, with no effects or graphic.

I have started little to getting used to the thougt of switching nle. Davinci could be cool, but I think they even have less support than adobe. Smoke could be cool, but I dont like to spend money on a new mac (pc now). Same goes for fcpx...and I would never trust apple again to use it as a main editor...

So Its not that many left. Vegas is no optio for me, and avid feels like they are behind the rest at the moment (don't quote me on that one=) ).
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by James Falco View Post
    Thats why I found the whole subscription model from Adobe disturbing.
    They don't have a clear inceptive to ship production ready products.
    If this was the old days, no one would pay for an upgrade once the word gets out that its faulty.
    Paying a monthly fee to be a beta tester is a concept only the software industry finds plausible.
    Its like if we released a feature film where part of the dialog is missing, and FX shots have green screen in it.
    Charge audience to watch it, and say we are fixing the bugs as we are getting audience feedback.
    Next version will be more complete. Thank you. Lol. ; )
    I agree. The subscription model enables shabby software development. The incentive to build sturdy and attractive enhancements to encourage a license holder to "upgrade" is gone and we're hostages as we need to subscribe to work on our own projects. I find that repugnant. I like PP and AE and held a perpetual license for years. My work pays the subscription but I am working towards an alternative solution.

On topic, the rendering is really slow especially to H.265