Thread: DJI Inspire 1. . . how good?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 DJI Inspire 1. . . how good? 
    That sort of sums it up. How good is this "revolutionary" drone? Is the footage coming off the camera likely to be smooth enough to really use in filmmaking?

Thanks!

Stephen
    Scarlet Dragon with Canon, Sigma, and Tokina lenses and the Optitron 2 wireless focus system
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema) and online.
    Second feature film, the miniseries Terminal, currently available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8RQ488
    Third feature film, The Tree, currently available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJ179RP
    Fourth feature film, The Land, currently under review at film festivals around the world.

Is a GoPro4 good enough? Becauese it's that good. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Greenwalt View Post
    Is a GoPro4 good enough? Becauese it's that good. ;)
    Inspire 1 has a higher bitrate though. But uses the same sensor.

I honestly have no idea if a GoPro is "good enough" or not. I can tell you that I certainly don't want to risk a RED camera on a drone though!

Stephen
    Scarlet Dragon with Canon, Sigma, and Tokina lenses and the Optitron 2 wireless focus system
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema) and online.
    Second feature film, the miniseries Terminal, currently available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R8RQ488
    Third feature film, The Tree, currently available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJ179RP
    Fourth feature film, The Land, currently under review at film festivals around the world.

REDuser Sponsor
    Hey guys, I'll chime in here.

The Inspire1 captures H.264 at 65 Mb/s with a 20mm lens, super low distortion while keeping the wide perspective.
    We just implemented the option for DJI-LOG, so you have the option to open up your dynamic range from 8-stops to 12-stops of latitude.

Full 4k @ 23.976 / 25p
    UHD 4k @ 23.976/25p/29.97p

1080p @ 23.976/25/29.97/48/50/60
    720p @ 23.976/25/29.97/48/50/60

The Inspire1 comes w/ 2 controllers untethered w/ built in Lightbridge allows for both USB connection to your iOS / Android device while simultaneously connect an HDMI device to a 3rd party monitor or wireless transmitter to VTR @ quarter second delay, with ranges up to 1.25 miles.

The retractable legs transforms the Inspire1 giving the camera unobstructive 360 degrees pan.

With the new optical flow sonar sensor on the bottom, (downward facing camera) it can fly indoors like it's flying GPS outdoors.

Speeds up to 65mph.
    --
    Willis Chung
    DIT/Phantom Tech - IATSE 600
    Drone Pilot - FAA 107 (Night-Waiver)

i heard it flies really really good from a pro guy that i trust (he is flying my red epic all the time)
    havent seen a lot of footage from it yet so cant say. specs are not all here, keep that in mind. how the image is processed means a lot. ill repeat that i havent seen the footage yet but all i can say in GoPro defence is that they mastered the image processing compared to other action cameras that probably use same sensor and procesors,... but dont have the same software in there.
    Last edited by Uros Zuraj; 01-27-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis Chung View Post
    Just want to say Willis you guys are doing some pretty damn rocking work. In a field that there were suddenly a whole lot of gimbals you made it a two name game pretty nicely.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Willis Chung View Post

The Inspire1 captures H.264 at 65 Mb/s with a 20mm lens, super low distortion while keeping the wide perspective.
    We just implemented the option for DJI-LOG, so you have the option to open up your dynamic range from 8-stops to 12-stops of latitude.

Full 4k @ 23.976 / 25p
    UHD 4k @ 23.976/25p/29.97p

1080p @ 23.976/25/29.97/48/50/60
    720p @ 23.976/25/29.97/48/50/60

The Inspire1 comes w/ 2 controllers untethered w/ built in Lightbridge allows for both USB connection to your iOS / Android device while simultaneously connect an HDMI device to a 3rd party monitor or wireless transmitter to VTR @ quarter second delay, with ranges up to 1.25 miles.

The retractable legs transforms the Inspire1 giving the camera unobstructive 360 degrees pan.

With the new optical flow sonar sensor on the bottom, (downward facing camera) it can fly indoors like it's flying GPS outdoors.

Speeds up to 65mph.
    Any plans for Uncompressed / ProRes recording support?

12 stops, 4K and with zero fisheye, this would suddenly become very interesting.

Any samples of DJI-Log footage?

the Inspire is an awesome machine. Just took delivery last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_Wz5NENUs
    Camera Rentals
    Washington DC, Baltimore, Mid Atlantic region
    Monsrto VV, Helium, Scarlet, Helium Monochrome, Arri Mini, Amira and Classic, Sony Venice, Varicam LT
    Master Prime's, Summicron's, Cooke S4i, TLS Panchros, Ultra's, Sigma's, TLS Leica R's, Super Speeds
    Anamorphics- Zeiss Master, Cooke, Kowa Evolution, Atlas Orion A + B sets
    www.Dc-camera.com
    Like our Facebook and follow Instagram pages for updates