Thread: Group Buy: Budget CRI 95 LED Strip Lights

Reply to Thread
Page 320 of 335 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3346
    Sorry, I didn't get any email notifications that you guys posted here and only saw it all now.

I don't really want to telegraph every move I am making here in public, so there will always be more information in the Facebook group where it's more private.

The mats are new and not part of the group buy. I realize the dividing line is kind of fuzzy since quite a few of you upgraded to mats from the group buy strips. All but a handful of you are in the Facebook group and I don't blame you for not wanting to sign up for Facebook just for updates.

Here's the latest:

I have received the first of three shipments of mats and power units. They just arrived at the warehouse and I am confirming addresses and calculating shipping for people now. They will start shipping tomorrow.

I will post another update next week after the holidays.

Hello Brandon,

I'm writing to request an update on the order cancellation & refund that was initiated for my orders. Thank you.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed" -- Stanley Kubrick

8K Weapon VV Monstro #1882 --Sus Volantes
    6K RED Epic-M

Happy anniversary everybody! ����

Happy Anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rondeau View Post
    Happy anniversary everybody! ����

Anyone knows any cheap alternatives for kino flo type mounting bracket? I'm building some litemat style fixtures and wouldn't wanna spend too much for just the mount itself.
    Attached Images

Why not just use a baby plate?

Nick

That's a good suggestion but makes the fixture harder to transport if hard mounted. Although strong velcro could maybe hold smaller mats on the baby plate.

Not trying to accuse Brandon but i feel like this whole thing is a scam. I pre-order more than 2 years ago, after a long wait I've decided to transfer my preorder to my friend with Brandon approval.
    My friend has been trying to contact him by sending him multiple emails, asking him about order updates and about facebook private group but Brandon has not replied him ever since.
    This has been frustrating as I now have act as middle to resolve this issue for my friend since he does not have an account on Reduser
    I'm not sure how many of you guys have had received the units but I am pretty sure at this point the LED smell like damn scam or vaporware to me.
    Brandon, if you still have a tiny bit of credibillity attached to your name, please drop me a private message to get this sorted out because I'm running out of patience here

For whoever want to pre-order from brandon in the future, I highly recommend that you put your expecation of delivery within 4 years span.
    Red One MX Canon K35

Jack, I emailed Trung in June, once controllers were ready to ship, asking for his address. He never replied. I emailed him again in August, from another email address in case the main one was caught in a spam filter, and he replied a month later. I sent a payment request for the shipping charges, he still hasn't paid yet.

This whole situation has been very confusing and not easy to keep track of. I don't even have an order or account for a "Jack Smith" anywhere. I don't even have an email address for you. It appears someone named Hieu Le paid for your order and I have never received an email from her saying to make the transfer to Trung only a DM here from you and some old emails from Trung. In 2016 Trung even bought one of those IR filters I had, which he has long since received, and that was paid for by Hieu Le also. I assume this is all on the up-and-up and you are somehow connected, but it's very confusing!

At this point, I don't even care who or what or where this order goes to. I am emailing Trung again now and CC'ing Hieu Le on it. I would include you, but I don't have an email address. The order will go out the day the shipping charges are paid.

And I really don't appreciate the personal attack you made. I have spent the last 2 years of my life wearing this group buy like an albatross around my neck as I pay down the debt I took on to finish the controllers. There is so much I would much rather be doing with my life. I've also shipped over 1,000 orders, over 2 tons of product so far, and lights started shipping in early 2015. None of this is easy, and situations like yours, which are extremely confusing, make it much all harder to manage.

I'm doing the best I can.

Clicking send on that email now. Please see to it that Trung, Hieu Le, or whoever replies.

Let's wrap this up, finally.

Happy Holidays

Not referring to any specific situation, but I don't think it's a scam, it's just a case of one individual being overloaded with all that's involved with bringing new products to market via unconventional means (ie. through a 'Group Buy' and without financial backing or administrative infrastructure in place.)

If you go to the KoraLED website and order something that's in stock you'll get it in a timely and hassle-free manner like you would with any other online purchase. At least that's what I found when I bought some standard power-supply units to use while I wait for the new upgraded power units I initially ordered.

But if you're dealing with orders that require more work than that, from a guy who's got hundreds, if not thousands of communications to deal with, then yeah, it can get complicated.

Imo it's more of a cluster**** than an actual scam.

I think once the Group Buy/project got into the realm of actually developing new products all bets were off in regards to time-frames and costs (and even completion of initial orders), and going down that road required a shift in expectations.

Not trying to make excuses, and I understand the frustration (am still waiting for the upgraded power-supplies myself), but I think Brandon's done a pretty good job overall of trying to get all the orders fulfilled.

Edit - Brandon posted a response while I was writing.