Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Collective Mammoth HD

Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    I always love to see what you are adding to this thread Clark....never disappoints.
    Monstro 8K VV 025118 Lena
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Storm Trooper Komodo 0149
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    RED Pro Zooms
    Zeiss Otus
    Xeen CF
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

a few new additions to the MammothHD Libraries this last few weeks:

Great Horned Owl - Owlet (this is a nesting cavity that I've visited a few times and last week the owlets were starting to stick their heads out) - shot on Monstro in 8K and 6, 5, 4 and 3K for the reach and slow-motion. The nest cavity is about 50 ft up the tree and to get any angle at all you have to back off - so shot 1200mm for most of the shots_

Iberian Hares (Epic 4K and 2K)

Spain - the Rain in Spain... (Epic 5K)

Cheetah Cubs/South Africa (DMSC-2 Dragon)

and a Cape Buffalo all dressed up for a night out at the watering hole (DMSC-2 Dragon - the iso on this shot is 3500)

and in review is a large amount of the Okavango in Botswana - here's a sample shot - DMSC-2/Dragon - Elephants running thru the water.

and with spring flowers popping up went out to check a few in the yard and these daffodils had Green-Crab Spiders catching flies... still trying to get that shot. As every time I get the camera close the spider retreats to under the petals... this may take awhile. The spider is white to match the petals - pretty cool. Monstro 8K

with spring ramping up and the Covid travel restrictions easing... been out and about on a few local projects. 8K/Monstro/VistaVision

Winding River sunset series - NinePipes Wildlife Refuge - western Montana

this one has a pair of Trumperer Swans

With the warmer weather the snow pack in the mountains is filling the lakes and rivers - so water management on the resource is gearing up - Kerr Dam/Flatheah Lake/River on their 1st spring release - only a few gates open the other day (over the next few week all the gates will be opened at times for control the lake levels and down-stream flows).

nothing like an western barn at sunrise.... just as the 1st rays hit the valley floor

new growth popping up around the yard - macro of tulip

also added this last week - Additions to the Birds of Africa (6K)
    this one is call a Water Thick Knees (a wader)

and a Pied Kingfisher

more in the edit suite and more sessions being scheduled....

8K/60p - been getting more project requests for 8K/60p material that has expanded beyond the original market segments of the TV Manufacturers, exhibit and special venues installations... to include virtual background plates and more general markets. SO... started shooting more of my local projects in 60p along with 24p. For subjects with a lot of motion 60p looks great - very smooth and detailed!

--

This was going to be a nice series - but the warm weather hatched a huge cloud of marsh/wetland flies that total ruined any chance of getting footage - so these 2 shots are each a single frame that had over 1000 flies retouched out per frame so I could add to my print gallery. The final images look great - but would have been a nice set of clips and there is no way will be spending the time to 'spot' each frame for the time-lapse. So print only from MonstroVV

NinePipes National Wildlife Refuge - Montana (last week)

the bugs - covered the camera, lens, tripod, me, the backpack.... at least they didn't bite. And will make great fish food... and several species of birds liked them too.

Also in reshoot at 8K/60p couple of local favorites:

The Barn and the Mission Range

The Kerr Dam - water level controls for the spring run-off

and starting to work on the reshooting of my local bird galleries in 60p (most in 8K but in the need of slow-motion will also be shooting 6K and 4K at 60p)