Thread: LEICA R on RED: Pictures

Reply to Thread
Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2000
    Hey Jules, a CLA (professional servicing) can often solve that issue in my experience. But sometimes if a lens has been tampered with, its not an easy fix.

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by julius_karli View Post
    Hello guys.
    I have a set of Leica R with adapters to EF from Leitax.
    The problem is: when I change the focus direction with a remote follow focus the image is wiggling (especially with the 100 macro).
    If i change the focus very gently with my hands I can mange to focus smooth.

So, is there a good solution for the focus wiggle problem with remote follow focus system on the Leica Rs (with EF mount)?

Thank you and all the best
    Jules
    Cinematographer Photographer
    Epic-W Epic-Dragon M Leica R Lens Sets

Does anyone have the Elmarit R 19mm V2 for sale? I’ve been looking for a little while now.

I've been waiting to buy this lens in the decent price also.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Hine View Post
    Does anyone have the Elmarit R 19mm V2 for sale? I’ve been looking for a little while now.

I looked for a very long time for my 19mm v2 with high serial number. Even longer because I was hoping to pick up a Duclos EF cine-modded version. They pop up on eBay very rarely and once or twice in this forum over a year or two but often not V2. I ended up purchasing mine from George Ohara at "Encore Camera / Leica Great Buy" (see link below). Unfortunately I had to go the un-modded route and send the lens in to Duclos to be cine-modded (Leitax EF Mount, 80mm Step-Up Ring, Focus Gear, Collimation, etc.). George was great to deal with and I was able to pick up a very late model 19mm V2 in practically new condition but it wasn't cheap. If he doesn't have what you are looking for in stock he has connections to source them and he found me exactly what I was looking for as I ordered a few focal lengths from him and then sent them all to Duclos.

https://www.encorecamera.com/leica-r-series-lenses
    Last edited by Andrew Reese; 01-08-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO

Anyone have both the 80mm lux and the 90mm cron with video that compares the two? Trying to decide which to get to round out my set, which is a more modern set: 19v2, 28V2, 35 Cron, 50 Cron, all 35+ serials.

Has anyone used an anamorphic adapter on their Leica R lenses? Wanted to hear about the experience and see if is a worthwhile purchase. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omid Zoufonoun View Post
    Anyone have both the 80mm lux and the 90mm cron with video that compares the two? Trying to decide which to get to round out my set, which is a more modern set: 19v2, 28V2, 35 Cron, 50 Cron, all 35+ serials.
    I have both.
    In your case I would go for the 90mm cron.
    Will fit better to your set.

Quote Originally Posted by Omid Zoufonoun View Post
    since your set is Summicron, I'd stick with the 90...although the 80mm is easier to find and I personally prefer it to the 90 (But I also prefer the 35 and 50mm summilux). The 80mm has more character. The 90mm is too clinical for me, but a better mate to your 35 and 50
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Hi Roddy, I love pairing anamorphics with my set. In particular, the Kowas really compliment the Leica Rs. I shoot with the Kowa 35 1.75x and 1.5x Inflights and also have a 16h 2x that works very well. I use a Rectilux HCDNA variable diopter to keep everything single focus. With a s35 sensor, the 35,50 & 90 Crons look lovely and avoid vignetting. With a FF sensor, 50 & 90 avoid vignetting. There’s lot of great footage using Leica R and Kowa anamorphics together on Vimeo- just search for Leica Kowa and you’ll find some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    since your set is Summicron, I'd stick with the 90...although the 80mm is easier to find and I personally prefer it to the 90 (But I also prefer the 35 and 50mm summilux). The 80mm has more character. The 90mm is too clinical for me, but a better mate to your 35 and 50
    Thanks for the insights Greg!