Thread: SnapFocus Follow Focus: one man follow focus system

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Awesome idea, what happened to it?

Brandon Cole took all the money and left his investors high and dry. I and many others got burned.

See the comments section if you like vitriol https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ystem/comments

That sux, I read the thread you posted, he should have at least in detail supplied proof the money was used in an attempt to get these things on the road... if it was used and the whole thing failed, that's one thing, but to just go dark and take the money..... not very smart.

It made me very wary about Kickstarter and I only ever financed one other project through it after that.
    Kickstarter really needs to up the ante with regards to protecting investors, whether it's through monitored staged payments or some form of escrow.

Just figured I should chime in here as I got one of the first SnapFocus rigs.

It worked - it was a prototype and wasn't constructed amazingly well - it's made of bike components after all, so it's not going to have the finesse you'd want for professional work.

Having said that, it was an amazingly effective way to pull focus because you can play off tension between each hand for fine control. If someone refined the system it would be a great single-shooter system for hand held operation. The method is very intuitive and you just go for it.

I spoke with the guy - he seemed completely well intentioned to me, and I would suspect he just got drowned in the realities of bringing a product like this to market - it's a common story on Kickstarter, and this was one of the earlier campaigns of its kind. That doesn't excuse the fact he hasn't returned on his contract. It's really sad for everyone.