Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: I just got my RED-BUMMER!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 I just got my RED-BUMMER!!!!! 
    Banned
    So i just received my RED. Just in the nick of time. i have a shoot that preps today and shoots all next week. Problem is the rods are all 19mm and half of the accessories are 15mm and the other is 19mm. I ordered all 15mm. I verbally discussed this with Brian. All of my matte boxes, follow focuses, etc. are 15mm. I have seen several people on RED USER complain about this kind of problem. NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL. I spent 50K plus for a camera, i expect the stuff to be at least correct. Like i said, Bummer.

-ross

Bummer that you are cutting it so close on your shoot. Stuff happens. No sympathy here!

Uh...as far as I know, all of the Red accessories are in 19mm, except a choice of a 15mm baseplate. That's the suck thing about going 15mm, you CANT get a 15mm battery/harddrive or 15mm universal mounts, or 15mm handles, or 15mm upper mounts or 15mm side handles.

yah. im not sure red even sells anything 15mm except for the et arri base and the 15mm adapter. dont think they even have 15mm rods..
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600 DIT
    RED MX - 1015

?????

FWIW I typically run 19mm on the top for the drive/battery cradle and 15mm offset on the bottom to take advantage of the ET sourced base plate / Arri spec slide plate combo. Of course by mixing the two I lose the ability to use the side rails which is a bummer but not a very serious one.

The unfortunate fact is that the existence of 3 different "standards" 15mm video/lightweight, 15mm offset/studio and 19mm studio predated the design of the RedOne. RED chose 19mm studio and IMHO it is the strongest and by virtue of being on center, the best mechanically. Now if we could just get all that 15mm kit retired... :angry03:

7. #7 Also... 
    Banned
    I am missing a bunch of stuff. Bottom Plate. Shoulder Dovetail. 15mm adapter. Focus Hook Set. Why build a camera that you have to use two different systems for? Los Angeles is the center of the world for film making and is a 15mm society. As far as 3 different 15mm rods, i have never had an issue with any arri house or panavision using a 15mm rod that was weak or bent. i have operated a genesis camera hand held off the matte box on 15mm rods for weeks and never had an issue. 19mm is big and bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by therosser View Post
    Los Angeles is the center of the world for film making
    Comon dude California isn't the center of the world.
    Director/Editor...http://brice-ansel.com
    I have nothing to sell or rent on this board, I'm just here to share and learn.
    Science without conscience is the death of the soul.
    F Rabelais

REDuser Sponsor
    Panavision doesn't use 15mm rods so the genesis was using a different rod standard altogether.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    All replies are correct - no 15mm RED product other than the ARRI 15mm BASE and the 15mm ADAPTOR. Also, if you did not receive an accessory item, it was probably not in stock at time of picking. Stuff like the BOTTOM PLATE and DOVETAIL has been on backorder for a little bit but will start shipping again next week. As soon as the accessories you ordered are available, they will ship.

Sorry for any inconvenience, we will get the remainder of your order to you as soon as possible.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or Kelly directly.

BC