Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Problem Free?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3 Epics working 24/7 since Sept. 2011 and zero problems. Well, last month one had to be sent in but that was user error.

Incredibly reliable! One minor glitch in the first week that a firmware restore fixed right up. Since then, nothing but smooth sailing 100% of the time.

Mine's been great. Its had about 55 shoot days in 10 months and it's never missed a beat. It's never held up production in anyway and the pics have always been great. It's recouping it's outlay moneywise so all is well.
    info@adamhowden.com
    http://adamhowden.com/
    Twitter: @adamhowden

Arri Ultra Primes (16,24,32,50,85 & 135mm), Oconnor CFF-1, Sachtler Cine 30HD, Panasonic 17", Panasonic 21.5", Element Technica Mantis, Small HD 507, DP7.

Loving all the response of happy problem free peeps...I knew you were out there haha just had to see it for myself <3

Worked with about 30 Epic cameras over the past years, in all conditions and in some extreme environments and terrain with ton of shaking going on, some with stabilization some without, never a single problem, apart some bugs that might come up, easily fixed with reboot, or on extreme, (only happened once) with a SW Re-Install, and to consider that this were always when using BETA FW, never a single issue on any of the cameras using RELEASE FW.

Best fo all, all cameras went back to RED... For FREE Upgrades, some minor some major... Try and get that with any other manufacturer... ;)
    F I L M M A K E R

6.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #26  
    Interesting post. Of course some are going to have problems with RED. The Alexa has problems. The Sony F65 has problems. Film has problems.

The question is whether or not the problems are manageable and whether there is support...

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Interesting post. Of course some are going to have problems with RED. The Alexa has problems. The Sony F65 has problems. Film has problems.

The question is whether or not the problems are manageable and whether there is support...

Jim

:)....Dang Mr. J just came in and took all the worry out of me.

1x EPIC-X (shipped winter 2011 iirc);

No problems on release-firmware!
    Some glitches/problems with beta-firmware (but it's clearly stated to not use those on commercial jobs - so it's your own risk/fault if you do so without extensive testing and/or good preparation)!

New OLPF-Frame was sent to us after just a few days and only one e-Mail to RED, didn't look into the bad-antenna-reception issue (we don't really use our REDmote) but I'm pretty sure if there's a problem it could also be sorted out with RED...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stelzhammer View Post
    1x EPIC-X (shipped winter 2011 iirc);

No problems on release-firmware!
    Some glitches/problems with beta-firmware (but it's clearly stated to not use those on commercial jobs - so it's your own risk/fault if you do so without extensive testing and/or good preparation)!

New OLPF-Frame was sent to us after just a few days and only one e-Mail to RED, didn't look into the bad-antenna-reception issue (we don't really use our REDmote) but I'm pretty sure if there's a problem it could also be sorted out with RED...

Ahaaaa so that's what it is the problems or bugs or w.e occur from the beta firmwares ok cool got it. I'll definitely be fine then cause I'll just stick with the release lol. That just made me feel a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

Jim
    No Complaints from me Jim, after sales support is one of your companies strengths.

In fact i am going to NAB this year for the first time and i would love to shake your hand. Its a bloody long flight from Australia!
    Adam Eden
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Arri Alexa XT , Arri Alexa Mini, Rocket X, Helix (Seal Team)
    Steadicam and heaps of cool sh*t..