Thread: Arhhh...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "I could give a damn" or "I could care less" ; the opposite (more or less) of what is generally meant: I couldn't care less. ( :

+1 and I wonder what percentage of 'filmmakers' or 'short films' have actually (been) shot on celluloid.

St. Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom. Worldwide
    Yes that makes me cringe too!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Weiss View Post
    Freelancing means that you are self-employed, I don't see that as an insult at all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer

I'm not sure what is worse, when a DP is called a Videographer, or when someone with a small camera and no lighting gear calls himself a DP?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Beatty View Post
    +1 and I wonder what percentage of 'filmmakers' or 'short films' have actually (been) shot on celluloid.
    The meaning of those words have transcended their origins. A digitally shot film is a film nonetheless in my opinion, unless we dont consider Hugo, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, The Hobbit or Skyfall "films." To imply that Scorcese & Richardson, Fincher & Cronenweth, Peter Jackson & Andre Lesnie, and Mendes & Deakins plus their crews who worked tremendously hard to make these digitally shot films are no longer considered "filmmakers," is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
    Oh man somebody who refers to himself as a videographer and shoots weddings once referred to me as a videographer and I got so annoyed at him....
    To me, wedding films when done well are another arm of filmmaking. I actually feel bad for people who make a living doing it and are trashed by the elite filmmaking community. There are good wedding filmmakers and there are bad ones. Just like there are good narrative films and bad ones. I try to film one wedding a year to test my ability to do something in one take. I have a lot of respect for this side of the business.
    Steve Sherrick

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Reyes View Post
    The meaning of those words have transcended their origins. A digitally shot film is a film nonetheless in my opinion, unless we dont consider Hugo, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network, The Hobbit or Skyfall "films." To imply that Scorcese & Richardson, Fincher & Cronenweth, Peter Jackson & Andre Lesnie, and Mendes & Deakins plus their crews who worked tremendously hard to make these digitally shot films are no longer considered "filmmakers," is insane.

Wasn't Argo shot on 35mm then down scaled to 16mm then back up to 35mm?

Don't get me started on those that use the word "alot". It doesn't exist! It is "A LOT" as in two words, people!

Oh, and never start a sentence with "Me", as in "Me and my folks, yada, yada, yada." Always put others before yourself, in life and in words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelan View Post
    Oh, and never start a sentence with "Me", as in "Me and my folks, yada, yada, yada." Always put others before yourself, in life and in words.
    says a guy who starts off with "don't get ME started"...

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Carr View Post
    says a guy who starts off with "don't get ME started"...
    Two words, Don't get. See, they come BEFORE me. Don't start a sentence with the word "me". And don't call me Shirley.

Many thanks, Martin. I do always report when someone craps in a sales thread. That said, some mods occasionally adopt a "blame the victim" stance and you never know when that will happen. Recently, I reported such an intrusion and the owner or CEO of the camera company we're all here for came back with a rather inappropriate response, particularly so because it was apparent he hadn't even read all the posts. This is a risk of reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Weiss View Post
    That's what the button is for, so us mods get notified. We ain't not like readin' all them threads, y'know.
    Scarlet-X #1840