Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 468 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464465466467468 LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 4678
    Quote Originally Posted by chris ware View Post
    Does anyone know the filter size for the 28mm F2 ?

thanks!
    55mm

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Patel View Post
    55mm
    Yup.

All the regular size lenses are 55mm.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Thank you Nick and Samir...

I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone put a mounting foot on these lenses before? I modded mine with Simmod EF mounts and there's a considerable amount of play between lens/body or lens/adapter on my Ursa/Pocket 4k. If anyone has a thought on how to get the lens attached to the rails somehow to make them rock solid that would be awesome.

To be fair, all of my EF lenses have play which I'm ok with on documentary stuff, but not so much for narrative stuff with my Contax lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Gall View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone put a mounting foot on these lenses before? I modded mine with Simmod EF mounts and there's a considerable amount of play between lens/body or lens/adapter on my Ursa/Pocket 4k. If anyone has a thought on how to get the lens attached to the rails somehow to make them rock solid that would be awesome.

To be fair, all of my EF lenses have play which I'm ok with on documentary stuff, but not so much for narrative stuff with my Contax lenses.
    I have Simmod mounts. Zero flex when you have a locking EF. You can get one for the pocket from Metabones. With the Metabones there's some ways to secure it to your rail system. Either by a rail support or a cage support. Ursa... well you're kinda shit outta luck there. The Contax lenses don't really have any surface area on them that doesn't move to grab onto, so the mount is where it needs to be secured.

If anybody is looking for a truly top mint copy of a 100/2 MM, I've got one for grabs. EF Leitaxed and Decklicked. $895 shipped; transaction fees on buyer.
    I'm perhaps a little too obsessed with perfect copies and have been through many for each lens till I finally keep one. This one is straight from my main set, used with care, kept in an electronically controlled drybox. Selling with a heavy heart because I currently need another lens system for my work, so I'm selling to fund that 1:1. Many of these lenses can be very hard to come up in this good condition. If you count in the already installed Leitax, Decklicking and Shipping which are all included, you are getting this lens for quite less than what it's going for in this condition. So if you are looking for this lens and you don't want to deal with the drama of eBay's fake Mints with haze and other problems feel free to DM me.
    Photos here.
    I have a selling thread for some Contaxes, all went fast and the 100/2 is the last one remaining.
    Last edited by Georgios Tryfonas; 12-27-2019 at 11:46 PM.
    My Contax Zeiss MM collection: 18/4 21/2.8 25/2.8 28/2(AE) 28/2.8 35/1.4 35/2.8 50/1.4 85/1.4 85/2.8 100/2.8M(AE) 135/2.8 180/2.8 28-85/3.3-4 35-70/3.4

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    I have Simmod mounts. Zero flex when you have a locking EF. You can get one for the pocket from Metabones. With the Metabones there's some ways to secure it to your rail system. Either by a rail support or a cage support. Ursa... well you're kinda shit outta luck there. The Contax lenses don't really have any surface area on them that doesn't move to grab onto, so the mount is where it needs to be secured.
    Yeah that's what I was afraid of with such a compact design. I'll have to look more into the Metabones locking EF though. I think I'm kind of trending more towards using the P4K for everything anyway so I might as well drop the cash on the Metabones. And I guess I'm sticking to gaff tape shims on the Ursa

Fixed! All set here....

Hello

I have a 85mm AEJ F2.8. Having an issue with my iris.

I can open up the iris with ease, moving to F2.8. However, when I close it down to F22, it sticks open. When I de-clicked the lens, I noticed a spring laying inside the lens. I have one spring currently attached to the black aperture ring. Should there be a second spring attached inside the lens to help close the iris when I rotate the ring to F22?

thanks in advance....
    Last edited by chris ware; 12-30-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Hello

I have fixed my first lens. I do have another that is broken.

I have a 85mm F1.4 MMJ. It wont stop down to F16. The aperture ring mechanism is hitting something when I try to go past F11. Has anyone had this issue with this lens?

thanks

Hey Paul .. The Shape universal lens support might do the trick. Check it out. It has both a fixed mount to the lens and a roller support.

Shape Link

https://www.shapewlb.com/shape-unive...s-support-pro/
    Epic Dragon 4470,
    Sony Fx9
    Sony a7rII
    Contax Zeiss Primes
    DanaDolly
    tedparkes@rogers.com