Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 466 of 468 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468 LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,660 of 4678
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo Lamarre View Post
    Anyone knows if and how the Contax Zeiss will work well with the new coming Komodo camera? Would it be possible change the Contax with a RF mount instead of the EF?
    it's not worth it because then you loose compatibility with all the other systems, while if you go the EF route you can use the set in all the major systems and mounts via adapters (often locking like the RED and Canon mount and also the Metabones Cine versions).
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Thanks Tommaso.

Got a full set of Contax and am hoping it will work nicely with the Komodo (even if it's a S35).

Leitax or Simmod?

Are both shimmable? How does this work if I want infinity focus to be accurate?

My lens has a stiff focus ring. Is there an easy way to deal with this? Thanks.

What's the full coverage of the Contax? Would they work on large format sensor cameras (Mini LF, Venice)?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgios Tryfonas View Post
    Just getting all your Contaxes focusing helicoids smooth and (about) the same feel is totally worth it.
    I have a 28mm f2 that has stiff focus. What do you recommend doing to service or improve it?

What's the full coverage of the Contax? Would they work on large format sensor cameras (Mini LF, Venice)?
    Yes they are all designed to cover Full Frame Photography, so will cover Monstro, Mini LF and Venice. That is part of their appeal.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Anyone knows if and how the Contax Zeiss will work well with the new coming Komodo camera? Would it be possible change the Contax with a RF mount instead of the EF?
    What others have said. Just use an RF to EF adapter. Much easier.
    Nick Morrison
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Can anyone comment on the build quality Kimcamera PL versions of the contax? He seems like he is the only one that will do the 35 speed, for some reason the others like GL Optics and someone else I asked wont do that lens, which has held me off from getting these PL modded. Kimcamera has pics of all these older great photo lenses rehoused and they look good in the pics, and the price is good. Soooo, whats the catch. I can't seem to find much at all as far as firsthand user experience with these. It seems like maybe he puts a shell on these and leaves the internals but I have no idea, I think i remember hearing that.
    You can see Kimcamera on social media and eBay.
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilganowski View Post
    Can anyone comment on the build quality Kimcamera PL versions of the contax? He seems like he is the only one that will do the 35 speed, for some reason the others like GL Optics and someone else I asked wont do that lens, which has held me off from getting these PL modded. Kimcamera has pics of all these older great photo lenses rehoused and they look good in the pics, and the price is good. Soooo, whats the catch. I can't seem to find much at all as far as firsthand user experience with these. It seems like maybe he puts a shell on these and leaves the internals but I have no idea, I think i remember hearing that.
    You can see Kimcamera on social media and eBay.
    Yeah I've seen those on the webs too. I think they are shells also. Don't know why the 35 Speed is so hard to mod.
    Nick Morrison
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Id be fine with shells really if the build quality is good, hoping someone will chime in here that has held one of the Kimcamera conversions, Contax or not....
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM