Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Contax Zeiss Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 459 of 460 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460 LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 4591
  1. #4581  
    Member chris ware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    53
    Hello everyone,

    I decided to make a set of these lenses. Love them. Having great results. Massive thanks to everyone here for their contributions.

    Two of my lenses are having an infinity focus problem though. I just noticed that distant objects, when the lens is focused at infinity, are not sharp. I can see that they are not sharp when I toggle on 'magnify' and look at the area on the LCD that is in the distance.

    Is there anyway to adjust the lens to fix this?

    thanks

    chris.....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #4582  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris ware View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I decided to make a set of these lenses. Love them. Having great results. Massive thanks to everyone here for their contributions.

    Two of my lenses are having an infinity focus problem though. I just noticed that distant objects, when the lens is focused at infinity, are not sharp. I can see that they are not sharp when I toggle on 'magnify' and look at the area on the LCD that is in the distance.

    Is there anyway to adjust the lens to fix this?

    thanks

    chris.....
    Hello Chris, it's not hard to fix in most lenses. Which lenses in particular (focal length/maximum aperture, AE or MM) have the problem?
    Also, if you are using simple adapters other than Leitax/Simmod, make sure the adapter doesn't cause the issue by switching between your other lenses and testing.
    My Contax Zeiss MM collection: 18/4 21/2.8 25/2.8 28/2(AE) 28/2.8 35/1.4 35/2.8 50/1.4 85/1.4 85/2.8 100/2.8M(AE) 135/2.8 180/2.8 28-85/3.3-4 35-70/3.4
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #4583  
    Member chris ware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    53
    I did some tests. Depending on the lens, I need to stop down to a specific F stop so it will be sharp for distant objects while focusing at infinity. I created a cheat sheet for my lenses. Im good to go now! Thanks Georgios!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4584  
    Senior Member Tommaso Alvisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    2,140
    Hey guys!

    I have a boxed Contax Zeiss 21mm 2.8 MM I could sell.

    Now it's very very rare, almost impossible to find so PM me if you're looking for one before I list it on eBay!

    I'll probably sell my full set too (incredible set, all MM, including the uber rare 28 Hollywood in MM) after this summer, PM me for info on that too
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4585  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    Hey guys!

    I have a boxed Contax Zeiss 21mm 2.8 MM I could sell.

    Now it's very very rare, almost impossible to find so PM me if you're looking for one before I list it on eBay!

    I'll probably sell my full set too (incredible set, all MM, including the uber rare 28 Hollywood in MM) after this summer, PM me for info on that too
    @Tommy I would love to buy this or any of the other contax. Please let me know if it's available. I sent you a PM
    Last edited by Pedram Talai; 08-08-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #4586  
    Senior Member Nick Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by chris ware View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I decided to make a set of these lenses. Love them. Having great results. Massive thanks to everyone here for their contributions.

    Two of my lenses are having an infinity focus problem though. I just noticed that distant objects, when the lens is focused at infinity, are not sharp. I can see that they are not sharp when I toggle on 'magnify' and look at the area on the LCD that is in the distance.

    Is there anyway to adjust the lens to fix this?

    thanks

    chris.....
    Yes what Giorgios says...this may be an adapter thing. Some adapters over correct, so lenses focus to infinity BEFORE where the actual focus mark hits infinity on the barrel. Try pulling back a hair and seeing if these lenses hit infinity a little earlier.

    Or its the other way around - and the adapter has over corrected in the opposite direction and the lens will just never hit infinity. In that case swap out the adapter.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #4587  
    Hello guys, I have the same or at least a very similar problem. It is a Zeiss Contax 28mm 2.8 MMJ that wont focus to infinity. When the aperture is closed down to f22 it does fine but as you start to open it up the focus comes closer quite quickly. on f2.8/4 it only focuses about 5/6 meters far.

    I did remove the mount to get rid of the pin that interferes with canon mounts. In the end i ended up cutting it away but could this have caused the problem? The adapter i use is a Fusnid CY-EOS adapter. I currently only own one Contax lens so trying it with other lenses is no option.

    I have seen tutorials where they open the front of the lens and change the infinity point, is this the way to go with my problem?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #4588  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    2,631
    Don't ruin your precious lens! I never heard of that adapter, but wides are more affected by back focus than longer lenses.
    First try a different adapter.
    Regards,

    Uli

    My Red is called Vertov after a Russian avantgarde filmmaker, a pioneer in modern cinematography, a true revolutionary who later suffered under Stalin's bureaucracy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #4589  
    Senior Member Paul Russell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Malaysia and Singapore
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Oerbekke View Post
    Hello guys, I have the same or at least a very similar problem. It is a Zeiss Contax 28mm 2.8 MMJ that wont focus to infinity. When the aperture is closed down to f22 it does fine but as you start to open it up the focus comes closer quite quickly. on f2.8/4 it only focuses about 5/6 meters far.

    I did remove the mount to get rid of the pin that interferes with canon mounts. In the end i ended up cutting it away but could this have caused the problem? The adapter i use is a Fusnid CY-EOS adapter. I currently only own one Contax lens so trying it with other lenses is no option.

    I have seen tutorials where they open the front of the lens and change the infinity point, is this the way to go with my problem?
    Bart, any other mount than the Leitax is a false economy. http://leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lense...n-cameras.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #4590  
    Senior Member Nick Morrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
    Bart, any other mount than the Leitax is a false economy. http://leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lense...n-cameras.html
    What Paul said.

    Leitax or bust.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts