Thread: workflow question. resolve dailies - mc for edit - resolve for cc - adobe prem. 4k

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 workflow question. resolve dailies - mc for edit - resolve for cc - adobe prem. 4k 
    suggestions ?
    ideas ?
    experiences ?

thanks, norbert
    Norbert Jalitsch - Cinematographer & Filmmaker / Vienna
    www.dsmworx.at / digital still motion worx

norbert.jalitsch@gmx.at

The first part is pretty straightforward - assuming you're shooting RED... ;)

Use either Resolve or Redcine X Pro for dailies to DNxHD 36.
    Once edit is done, you can do a pull list (EDL) back to Redcine X to select only R3D files used or go directly to Resolve for conform and color correction.

second half:
    If I understand correctly, you want to finish 4K, in order to export out of Resolve at greater than 1080, you will need to purchase the $995 license. From there, commit to what file format you are going to export that will be used in Premiere Pro. DPX, etc. The original AAF used to conform and correct in AAF will be updated as in the documented AAF roundtrip. Use that AAF in Premiere Pro and point to the new media. I have done this with Autodesk Smoke, in theory should work with PPro as it supports AAF.

Michael
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

yes michael. yor are right. premiere seems for to be the only affordable software for exporting 4k files. avid ds is definitly not my league...
    ill stay with the redcine-x until the blackmagic camera is here with my copy of resolve which enable me to output 4k files...
    thanks michael !
    Norbert Jalitsch - Cinematographer & Filmmaker / Vienna
    www.dsmworx.at / digital still motion worx

norbert.jalitsch@gmx.at